Upgrade "One Offs"

My whole debacle is that I originally backed an 8KX, then added controllers and lighthouses, and all that jazz for a hefty chunk of change. So with all that stuff, I got a “one-off” that they just tell me to do Plan G… which doesn’t answer the question of the stuff additionally that I paid for above just that plan.
If they just want to refund me the upgrades and just keep the 8KX order, I would be fine with that too. Then I can figure out all the stuff on my own and that’s one few issues open. :slight_smile: I’m a simple guy like that.

2 Likes

If you originally backed the 8KX with controllers and lighthouses and made no changes, then you should get the 8KX and all the goodies, including the bonus backer items (fan, software, etc.). You shouldn’t have to do anything but wait.

1 Like

I wish I only did that. I backed an additional pair of controllers as well and paid for an additional headstrap. That’s the part that is throwing it all outta whack.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! For the 10m cable, is the 10m cable the standard cable for the 8k x, or would that 10m cable be needed because it is the longest cable to use for the 8k x , since there is no wifi (ever or yet, who knows) for it?

Also, if some of the stretch goals are duplicates, would i be able to chose for some of them to just receive it once and use credit money toward another add on?

I think you need to eend your response via the view ticket button. Replying to email seems to be like last system and goes to limbo.

The 10m cable at this time does not work at least as of last report. The cable has said it might be able to extend by 2 to 3m but unconfirmed as of yet.

Wi-Fi thus far has tested as not working on 8kX. But with it still in development it is hard to say what may come.

Your last question would need Matthew.

1 Like

Preordered Pimax 8kX before any upgrade plans became available. Afraid to try changing in case any delay in shipment might occur, but also afraid not having selected an upgrade, despite putting in my 5k+ preorder number as a current owner, might also delay shipment.

If at all possible, I would just like to communicate to @Matthew.Xu or whomever it may concern, that I am extremely eager to receive my Pimax 8kX in the fastest possible manner. In fact, I will be at CES, and wouldn’t mind receiving a pre-production unit if it worked reliably at final optical resolution and 72Hz.

The 10m cable (if it’s ever done) probably wouldn’t work on the 8KX as it (the 8KX) uses a different design than the 5K+/XR/8K and they’re currently unsure if it can even be extended beyond the standard 5m length:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-try-your-best-pull-in-the-8kx-schedule/24189/46?u=drwilken

1 Like

I didn’t know that there was a view ticket button, so I went back and looked at the email and I saw something in Chinese and decided to click it: [视图 帮助台工票]. Yep, there is the ticket. So for anyone who didn’t know they could view the ticket (like me), that is what that button is. It shows the emailed response in the ticket and that the ticket is still assigned to the same person that sent the initial email. So at least responding to the email does indeed update the ticket. The status is blank though.

4 Likes

Now that is concerning as that button should be in english.

@Matthew.Xu

3 Likes

@Crump Please give me your name in private message, and I’ll help you change the system language through the background.

1 Like

This problem is related to the system language setting when the web page is first opened.
I have submitted this bug to the developer, waiting for them to solve it.

2 Likes

Private message sent. Is this for a fix when we actually view the ticket or for follow up emails that I get to have a button in English? Thanks.

Hi Neal, yes, for accessories and modules purchased during Kickstarter, you can apply for a coupon of equal value at the helpdesk. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I think this may be misunderstood, please continue to confirm with Sally if you need.

2 Likes

OK, just a moment, please. I’ll try to help you out.

1 Like

Hi Marco,

Sorry for my late reply.

Let me try to answer your questions:

1. Yes, two sets of stretch goals.

2. What do you mean the place of those? Can you explain?

3. The stretch goals are the 6 stretch goals opened by the Kickstarter. I have attached the screenshot.

1. For 10m cable, you can choose a coupon with the same value.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Matthew, I tried many times with Sally but she does not understand so that doesn’t have a chance, but maybe you can help explaning to her?
This is what happened: A few Months before the 8kx came out i exchanged my pledges, a Basestation and Handtracking for a Coupon of 185usd.
I wanted to use it right away when the 8kx came out, it’s an expensive device so it helps :slight_smile:
So when the weekend did come the 8kx came out i wanted to use the coupon but it didn’t work. I wanted to be first in line so i ordered it and thought it shouldend be a problem to ask for a refund instead of using the coupon with the website.
I asked but from day one Sally did not understand and i didn’t get a straight answer, other then the coupon will be fixed.
When the 100 usd general discount came, Sally notified about it that she had to cancel my early order to refund the 100 usd. So i asked her again to add my coupon with the 185 usd as she was working on it. I got a vage answer that a refund was being aplied and that i didn’t have to worry.
Later i saw it was only the 100 usd without my coupon, when i did ask, she said it is only possible to use the coupon for assesoires. So that’s were we at now.
And btw i just looked at the support site and my order is gone also!!!
Can you help me with this?
Thanks in advance, your the best
Jeroen

4 Likes

Hi Jeroen,

I know what you mean.

Please send me your order number and I will confirm with Sally. Thank you very much.

4 Likes

oke thanks, i will send you a message

4 Likes