Update 22nd March

Absolutely, the wasted potential is mind boggling. And the reason for it has been handed to them over and over and over. Exact specifications to what needed attention. You can’t do more than that other than turn your back to them and not give them any more money.
I failed that last part because I ordered an 8KX. I also like to burn myself with cigarettes, so…

4 Likes

You’re not alone…and not only about cigarettes, I ordered Index basestations and controllers last summer, because of I wasn’t expecting Pimax to turn up with any BS and controllers in the near future, but I sold my 8K in October as I was expecting my ordered 8KX around end of January latest, so no HLA for me in the foreseeable future :joy:

5 Likes

Mmmmmm, kinky. I also got myself some valued coupons in the order deal that I could have turned into cash, but I didn’t, for that extra spicy pain

1 Like

Actual current status updates, and not theoretical shipping dates would even work for me.

It’s ok if the updates don’t contain actual estimated turnaround times, but instead have information such as, “We’ve just finalized the design on the Deluxe MAS.” or “We’ve sorted the MAS attachment clips on the 8KX and it’s ready to go into production”. Just keeping us in the loop as to the actual progress being made would be sufficient.

5 Likes

ouch tracking in 48hours… so bussines with backers and preorders as usally…

What is going on here @PimaxQuorra. Why preorder ppl have to wait longer that potential customers which are buying right now ??

Isn’t it bloody obvious ? Because Pimax only delivers to those who will pay new fresh dollars today. If you already paid them in the past, bad luck !

First they remain silent if you are not asking, then, when you start to insist, you’ll get a lot of shipping information surveys, you’ll get updates “soon” which then say to expect deliveries “soon” when ABC has happened, and then you remain patient & silent for some weeks, and when you inquire again,k the whole loop starts yet again, with exactly the same result - anything may happen, but no deliveries.

I just today issued my first warning ever in my “home” VR forum about not buying from Pimax, some people will probably rub their eyes because I always was one of the few defending Pimax, making others aware that their headsets have some real potential. But what good is it to have theoretical potential if you just don’t get the performance done. If they just stuck to sell headsets only and forget about lighthouse stations, controllers, eye-tracking etc., they may have made it, but it seems they managed to shoot their own foot enough to no longer be able to walk on it.

4 Likes

Exactly the same feeling I’m having. I obviously like pain

Yeah. The Ponzi inspired scheme is obvious… We saw it when the 5K+ and 8K was shipped to the fresh money before backers and now it might be happening again. Very painful to watch and be in the middle of.

2 Likes

After the Pimax kickstarter horror I told myself NEVER to back any kickstarter again. Then got sucked into pre-ordering the Pimax 8k-X cause I believed them (yeah I know) when they promised to deliver in November (2019). Well that’s also the last time I’ve ever pre-ordered from Pimax. You live, you learn, I guess.

5 Likes

So is anyone considering trying to refund there 8k+ , 8kx upgrade ?

I’ve considered cancelling my 8k-X preorder a thousand times. But then again, there’s always this chance that it will get delivered within 1-2 months after you cancel… So you just keep waiting, and the horror continues … You’re stuck and can’t get out.

5 Likes

Tracking no within 48 hours . How is this possible with so many of waiting for over 2 months ?

Same boat… cheers!

2 Likes

Negative. I’m an optimist and I know Pimax needs my money to survive, so cancelling would be shooting myself in the foot since I want them to succeed.

4 Likes

I do genuinely consider this daily I love my Index and question why am I reading this forum wondering what’s going on. It’s almost an addiction lol. I want pimax to succeed I always have and I do enjoy hearing from Martin and vrgamerdude but I should probably just cancel and enjoy what I have. A bird in the hand and all that. The issues Sebastian is having are not helping. I paid via PayPal so should be ok to get the money back.

1 Like

Guys, can anybody still see the thread I opened yesterday ?

The thread title originally was Pimax delays on 3rd party items a sign of financial issues?

Pimax then edited it to read Pimax delays on 3rd party items

And now I see that it somehow supposingly has been made a private message by PimaxQuorra ?!?

This would be the link:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-delays-on-3rd-party-items/26575

Can anybody who had not posted in that thread yet confirm that it is still visible in the forum to all ?

By the way, didn’t Pimax claim that this new forum was a safer place for all of us to exchange our free opinions without censorship by Pimax ?? Seems they still very much have the powers to remove any comments they don’t like…

1 Like

Well, you got your answer… (I can’t see it anymore either)

1 Like

Yeah i can still see it but it appears to be a private message (with a long list of mod actions that show they considered basically deleting it entirely)

1 Like

@PimaxQuorra
@PimaxUSA
@Konger

So that’s your answer - to try to delete my critisism and warning to other backers ??

WOW.

That’s really really bad, and it demonstrates even more that Pimax have no intention of delivering any of the items I was addressing. Not now, not soon, probably never.

It’s even worse than I imagined.

2 Likes

As my other thread has been silenced by Pimax, here is the main post I had issued in it:

TL;DR

Pimax continued avoidance of delivering goods which hardly require any efforts from Pimax other than paying their suppliers suggests that they are not able to pay their bills - as a result I would want to warn anybody who is considering to pre-pay orders at Pimax that they should think twice.

I write this under the impression of my exchange with Pimax in the last few days. I apologize for the wall-o-text, but it has to be said.

If we look at the many delays Pimax deliverables have demonstrated, some stand out as being quite peculiar:

Exhibit A: content redeem codes.
According to Pimax, all is prepared, i.e. they have the steam keys, just need to send them. This was said many moons ago. Yet, till date hardly anybody received such a simple email, right ?

Exhibit B: Lighthouse boxes (and Index controllers)
According to Kevin’s post in April 2019, they had finally managed to agree on a deal with Valve, and would have enough in stock to start shipments to the backers within 2-3 weeks - which would mean we should have received them in May 2019. Yet, till date no deliveries were received, right ?

I recall Pimax informing us in autumn that the deliveries were delayed due to Valve having surprisingly delivered the lighthouse boxes only as bulk deliveries and Pimax were required to perform a) quality assurance and b) re-packaging for consumer delivery.

In my case, I had contact with Pimax Support (Sally Huang) and Pimax in the forum (Matthew Xu) in late December 2019. They confirmed to me that I would get the lighthouse boxes shipped to me without having to wait for the Sword/Sword Sense controllers to be ready for shipment (which will not happen in foreseeable future anyhow). Shipment was said to be performed as soon as the deliverables were ready to ship.

That is four months ago. Yes, Corona struck at CNY, but the workers are back to the factories since 3 weeks and all of these activities should have been completed in 2019 anyhow, so it is entirely obscure what is holding them up.

So I contacted Support and Pimax Quorra in the past days - the response I got from (again) Sally Huang was as follows:

"Sorry to have kept you waiting.Your base statons haven’t been shipped yet.
In fact,we are confirming the logistics cost and transportation plan, which will take some time,when we have new progress, I’ll give you the latest news."

As a reminder - we are talking about deliverables I paid for in 2017, which did not require any R&D work by Pimax other than possible a new housing, and according to Pimax were in stock in April 2019, then allegedly required some QA and re-packaging work. That’s it.

Now, in March 2020, I am being told that they need to confirm the logistics cost and transportation plan ? How could they not have figured out the logistics since April 2019, when they were saying they would ship within 2-3 weeks ?! And then the statement which will take some time rings all alarm bells with me - they are already in fact saying that we can forget about any delivery in the coming few weeks, better months. My other Kickstarter/Indiegogo projects with China-based deliveries are shipping just well (e.g. I received my PrinCube and the PicoPix Max is shipping in numbers since 2 weeks now and I am in row to get mine in April).

And of course in December 2019 and 3 days ago they also tried to play the good ol’ we need you to update our shipping information survey trick to buy some time - how many times more do I need to remind them of my shipping information ?

Since they introduced the different Upgrade Plans, swapping for Index controllers became an option. These deliveries seem to have gone missing analogous to the lighthouse boxes, just happening within a shorter time-frame.

Exhibit C: Hand-tracking module
I paid for mine during the KS campaign in 2017. Still missing in action, hardly any communication about it (as it won’t be many who backed it).

Conclusion

The odd thing I see as a common denominator in all of these is the fact that Pimax would a) not have much internal effort related to such deliverables as they are more or less completely supplied by a 3rd party and just need to be shipped onwards to the backers, and b) have to pay a supplier before receiving such deliverables from them.

This is a clear indication in my view that Pimax are not planning to deliver any of such 3rd party supplied deliverables in near-term nor in mid-term, and they have no good explanations for the sum of delays we have seen now. Some of the explanations may have made sense, if viewed in isolation. But if the figurative lightning allegedly always strikes at Pimax, then simple probability considerations tell us that this has now become what would have to be considered an extremely unlikely scenario, if we are asked to believe it. Often the obvious explanation is the correct one at the end.

So if there is no convincing explanation any longer for not completing what-ever internal actions ever were required to ship such 3rd party products to the backers, then the most logical explanation is, that Pimax have never in fact paid for such supplies, and as a result never received the steam keys, lighthouse boxes, Index controllers nor the hand-tracking modules, and therefore are not in a position to ship any of these soon .

They may scramble to send e.g. the cheap Steam keys if they feel that it is needed to buy them more time, and I bet they are going to ship a few lighthouse boxes and Index controllers to be able to point to those users in the forum to muddy the waters, but I doubt that Pimax are capable of shipping the deliverables in any substantial quantities, because I fear that Pimax are not in a position to afford them, i.e. they have no money anymore. Which typically is the last step beyond going bankrupt, unless they are able to get an investor to save them. It would also be fitting that Pimax started to take pre-orders with immediate collection of the payments way before being able to deliver on these.

I hate to say it but I fear we might not see much coming out of Pimax in future anymore.

2 Likes