Upcoming EU Roadshow: Will you attend VR Days, VR Berlin and VR Space? Please vote!

Hi everyone! We are really looking forward to see you all in Europe, and give you a chance to have a world’s first hands-on & look at the 8KX and 8K+ headsets in-action :slight_smile: As of now, we have 3 scheduled events coming up:

1. VR Days 2019 public exhibition in Amsterdam, Netherlands
  2. VR Berlin private meetup (in Berlin of course), Germany
    Thanks to our sponsor: Virtual Reality Berlin (Berlin, Germany) | Meetup
  3. VR Space private meetup in Gouda, close to Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Thanks to our sponsor: https://www.vrspace.nl/

Remember, the private meetups will never be over-crouded like VR Days, so they allow for longer testing sessions for each of you, more possibilities to try a wider range of games/simulators and also a more relaxed environment with more time for discussions and maybe also some custom requests.

Now, we would like to know, how many of you in here, are interested in joining the events. Mainly the private meetups in Berlin and Gouda, because we are still not sure about the demand and if we need one or two days for each event. In the next few days, we are setting up the time slot booking/registration system for the EU roadshow meetups VR Berlin and VR Space , and once it’s up, we will let you know here in the forums.

I will personally be with you on all 3 events, together with the Pimax crew and also the hosts for the events, such as VR Space and VRBLN.

Please give us an answer on all 3 polls below :slight_smile: Thanks for your help and support, we really appereciate it!

1. Will you attend VR Days 2019 exhibition to try the Pimax 8K+/8KX?
(VR Days is held in Amsterdam, Netherlands on November 14-15th). Time slot booking will be available on-site, also including occasional drop-in if possible.

• Yes, I will visit VR Days
  • No, I will not visit VR Days
  • Maybe, still haven’t decided

0 voters

2. Are you interested in attending VR Berlin 2019 on November 27, for a free private Pimax meetup, and try the Pimax 8K+/8KX demo with (or without) flight/racing sim rig setup? Available time slots & booking system will soon go live. (VR Berlin meetup is held in Berlin, Germany on November 27th)

• Yes, I will visit VR Berlin meetup
  • No, I will not visit VR Berlin meetup

0 voters

3. Are you interested in attending VR Space 2019 (December 1, maybe also December 2nd) for a free private Pimax meetup, and try the Pimax 8K+/8KX demo with flight/racing sim rig setup? Time slots & booking system will soon go live. (VR Space meetup is held in Gouda, Netherlands on December 1st, maybe also December 2nd. Gouda is 1 hour from Amsterdam central station, if you travel by train)

• Yes, I will visit VR Space meetup
  • No, I will not visit VR Space meetup

0 voters

2 Likes

— Reserved for later —

I’d love to attend, but I won’t be coming to Europe. I could probably buy an 8KX for what it would cost me for airfare and hotel.

9 Likes

If you can bring the headsets to Brisbane Australia I will come for sure :+1:

3 Likes

@SweViver if you have any influence on any of these factors it would be great if Pimax could address the broken shopping site (it did not apply backer discount directly to option C for an 8kx so had to use ‘current owner’ option) and ask the development team to provide the ‘performance tweak that increases gpu usage’ as a toggle option as a significant subset of us have not been able to use 180 or 197 since that ‘tweak’.

It is getting harder and harder to be able to recommend Pimax when even your die-hard proponents can’t buy the 8kx without having to pay the wrong amount and literally HOPE that Pimax will sort it out later.

4 Likes

Sorry Marin , I know its not you fault and you not in charge of many Pimax decission but
even if I lived in Berlin, I wouldn’t come this year. Pimax with all this “ripoff” plans showed how much they value backers. Instead of answering 100’s of question and missleading store order issues Pimax is now asking to become a marketing puppet during roadshows. Unbelievable…

Edit: On the top of many dissapoitnsments 120hz mode widely advertised does not work on earlier headsets panels.

5 Likes

If you do something in Central London, I’d be happy to check out the new units.

2 Likes

I feel the most important thing for Pimax to do just now, is to answer the many valid questions that are currently outstanding on the launch of flagship products. Like the fact the store is broken and seems to apply random charges.

It would be great if you could use your influence to help get these issues resolved. They are causing a lot of damage and undoing a lot of good work. Thanks for anything you can do.

4 Likes

they need first sort out all the problems on the update program and answers our questions…
The communication is now at the same poor level as in the beginning…
Its not a good sign.

5 Likes

Not all 5k+ versions work with 120hz? Not good indeed.

@SweViver cost of travel will limit most with attending especially with the Xmas season upon us.

2 Likes

Payed like 150euro to fly to Amsterdam and back, then 100euro for 4days some Place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Back in the middle east for work so I cant make it :frowning:

Unless you all want to do a VR Days in Afghanistan :laughing:

4 Likes

because of the backer upgrade plans there is a bad mood among the backers… you can feel it

2 Likes

Answer your questions here thats more interessting.

True
I thought I’d rather spend it on the X - I did,
would love to meet up.:smiley:
but unfortunately it’s at least 800km and a night out of town for me which adds up. :worried:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d much rather spend money on an 8KX than on a trip to see an 8KX. Regardless, I’m not going to be spending much money on “non-necessities”, at least for the next few months.

2 Likes

If you guys ever stop by Singapore for whatever reason I’ll attend. But I am the only backer here so might be awkard.

I attended last year’s Gouda meetup. Although it was cool meeting you it was not helpful. I basically had 15 min to “test” 2 headset at that time. Too short…

I think Mrtv experience is better suited hope he gets his units soon before that backer upgrade program ends @PimaxUSA

4 Likes

Probably less people will attend this time