[Unscientific Poll] Would you recommend Pimax to friends and family?

• YES
  • NO
  • MAYBE

0 voters

I get asked a lot which VR headset to buy. So would you recommend Pimax currently?
I’m wondering what the general consensus is…

Why did you choose your answer? Thanks

3 Likes

I think this isn a bit unfair as Pimax are still finding their feet. There are so many factors at play but at least all backers headsets (5K+ at least) have been shipped.

5 Likes

It’s simply buy Pimax now or wait for others to catch up. There really is no other valid option atm.

4 Likes

Sorry - not sure how this is unfair?
My friends are looking to buy new headsets. You can buy a Pimax headset from their website.
I only want to know if the people who currently have Pimax headsets would recommend buying one.
I’ve purposefully not answered or suggested which one I would pick.

There is no hidden agenda.

1 Like

When Kevin sees this thread his blood is going to boil .

2 Likes

Yes I want to recommend Pimax to my friends but I just cannot yet . I really want them to succeed . I think we all do .

10 Likes

The state of there customers services,i wouldn’t even recommend pimax to an enemy at this stage.love the product and understand there will be issues,accept there a small team and it takes time,what is unacceptable is the lies told and the radio silence.really hope it improves as the product when working is amazing

1 Like

I’m not intending to cause friction. Apologies if this is seen to be the case.

Happy to close the thread. I didn’t mean to upset anybody.

Sorry people…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an inappropriate question to ask . I am just saying that Kevin isn’t going to like that it is being asked .

2 Likes

I haven’t even received mine yet … so I can’t recommend it yet. I hope things will improve in the future. So I chose “maybe”.

4 Likes

At this point I have to answer No.
The standard fabric strap is absolutely awful, I’m having a “grey screen” issue in several of my favourite games and I keep losing tracking of one or both controllers followed by the headset.

When I open a thread to ask for help my thread gets moved to a subforum that hardly anyone reads, I get asked to open a ticket but the support site won’t let me create an account saying my email address is already in use but a “forgot password” request tells me that password resets have been disabled by admin. I then get asked to email alan.sun@pimaxvr.com but I just get auto response telling me that mail box is unavailable. So at this point I’ve waited a week and can’t even open a ticket, let alone get a response to one.

In all of this I still can’t use my headset. So based on how things are today I have to say no.

3 Likes

Yes the problems with Pimax support are very real and as far as I can tell they aren’t improving .

4 Likes

Kevin said they’ll do part of the support from local offices. Dunno when that will be but it will take a while.
Having so many enthusiasts shining the spotlight on the product is only helping when everything is going great.

2 Likes

The whole campaign has been a shit show,was really happy with the product minus the cracks,but was told months ago this would be rectified and replacement sent,2 months later i have a headset thats not been replaced and developed more faults and i cant even get a reply of @anon84525399 or @Sean.Huang on my emails.How could anyone recommend them .The product could be great but sadly pimax fall way short in every area

5 Likes

I couldn’t recommend it at the moment. The quality is poor and so is the support. You might get away with just one of those issues but those two things combined is a recipe for disaster.
My issues include:

• faulty cable (unresolved).
  • eye strain (unresolved).
  • unable to set my IPD (unresolved).
  • terrible distortion (unresolved).
  • HMD getting stuck in standby (unresolved).
    -vive wands not always tracked (unresolved).
    -can’t log into support (unresolved).
    Can’t reset my password for support (unresolved).

Then there is the general lack of comfort and poor experiences of others to consider…

10 Likes

There are 2 or 3 people at the enthusiast level I would still say to go for it, but would make them aware of the issues, they would still be happy to experiment.
For the more general group of less tech/VR savvy friends and family it is definitely wait for now.

6 Likes

It’s the absolutely best headset on the market, I have a hard time recommending anything but a pimax today.

The only issues are software bugs but those should be resolved

5 Likes

Yes, I would, with a heavy dose of caution. I reserve the right to change my mind after I’ve received my 8K. Basically, I would extoll the wide FOV and recommend that they wait to make a purchase, until the Tech Support, shipping, and related problems are solved (or at least improved).

I would recommend AGAINST getting a small FOV headset, so that leaves Pimax as the only option we have right now.

6 Likes

Thanks for the responses.

For the record, my 5k+ headset is fantastic - no issues at all.

I am actually in the ‘yes’ camp, especially as people buying would have credit card protection for any hardware issues.

Anyway, I did not intend for the poll to be seen as ‘unfair’. Happy for @Heliosurge or @neal_white_iii to close the topic if it is causing unnecessary friction.

Apologies.

4 Likes

Shipped yet I still await my tracking for my 5k so I am sure I am not alone

1 Like