Unofficial Pimax Day 2 Questions Megathread

Any chance of rain in Shanghai this week?

4 Likes

Will there be an extended warranty on the 8k X? The thing costs 1300$. That’s a ton of money, and if it breaks a couple years down the line for no reason I’d be pretty sad if I had no options.

7 Likes

How “ontop” of the github page do the devs intend to be? Will there be a small down time before it is updated to the latest branch or will there be months of inactivity before the open sourced pitool is updated? I say this because still, it seems the pitool on github is an outdated version.

3 Likes

The plan is to talk about that on PD2. I agree with you it should be updated and updated regularly as well.

8 Likes

Excellent thanks :slight_smile:

20 char

is there a time for PD2? Im hearing its for the 21st, is this correct or later this week? just curious so I don’t need to stress waiting. thank you

@Sweviver should be reaching or reached Shanghai not sure about @PimaxUSA. If they are both at Shanghai it should be soon.

2 Likes

I just arrived at the Shanghai office. Kevin will arrive in a few days as far as I know. Im not sure about the exact date for the PD2 yet, but we are preparing for that and we will announce it asap.

15 Likes

Hi sweviver ,
You made it! Long flight! Have a great time there, looking forward to pimax day 2,
Im really hoping the 8kx gets a good discount and is a real posability , it really is next gen!!

5 Likes

I’m glad you arrived safe and sound! I look forward to more info, especially backer pricing for the 8KX.

7 Likes

Thank you guys @neal_white_iii @oldboy :slight_smile:
Loads of work to do here, but its going to be exciting. Also will test the latest samples of 8KX and 8K+ :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Is new cable for Pimax8kx compatible with Pimax5k+?
If yes can 5k+ achieve 120hz with large FOV with it?
Is 120hz achievable on 5k+ and 8kx with eye-tracking module?
Is 120hz achievable on 5k+ and 8kx with Fixed Foveated Rendering?

Can we do a one step RMA and upgrade.
I have a cracked 5K+ due to go back, I do not want a replacement.
I want to upgrade to one of the new 8Ks, undecided which yet.

Sending out an RMA 5K+ that I have to sell wastes my time, risks me getting hit by customs again, and wastes time, postage and materials/resources from Pimax’s side.

Let’s just go straight from RMA 5K+ to an 8K. Give an RMA trade credit.

17 Likes

That would be nice indeed… @Matthew.Xu is something like this possible?

2 Likes

Some time to take in the sights, I hope. :7

1 Like

Actually, we have considered the proposal as you said. But now I’m sorry that I can’t to give you an accurate answer.
I want it to be suspense.

13 Likes

Hi @Matthew.Xu it would be an awesome option! It will save both the company and us money. My HMD is underway to you right now and i want to upgrade to the 8kX.

2 Likes

That’s fine, just nice to know it is being thought about.

As much as I like my tech toys I do try to keep them running as long as possible, and not collect bits I don’t need. Always good to minimise your impact on the planet, even if you want to spend more time in a virtual one :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

It seems that many people want to have such an option, and we will consider it carefully. Thanks.

18 Likes

indeed for 1300$ it better be the 8kX RE edition…
And a warranty for 2 years,for technical failure and housing cracks

3 Likes