Tracking latency or the "wobble" issue has been SOLVED

@vrcan Wonderful news everyone!
All issues are resolved thanks to pimax support!
“Moving world” issue and finnicky tracking startup all working great now!
The problem was the tracking firmware in the headset. Pitool cannot update that specifically and only way if you have these issues is thru pimax supprt. Which I might add was the best support I ever had in my life. It was 1am in China and thay still helped me. They had to connect to my PC remotely and did the tracking firmware uodate like that.
I undertsand now why some people (like sweviver) don’t see the issue and others do / It depends if the the headset has the fixed firmware or not.
So if anybody has these tracking issues they told me to just contact support and they will arrange to connect to your headset remotely and do the update.
Super impressed now with the headset and pimax support.

Thank you very much @vrcan @ Doman.Chen and Pimax support
Now I am happy I chosed 8K

Can other 8K users who experience this issue contact Pimax support as well ? Or contact @Doman.Chen here on the forum.

33 Likes

Very good news , a 10 for pimax

5 Likes

Great work pimax support

1 Like

@Doman.Chen @Jesterinthepack @Sean.Huang @isamu @quanentanglement @karrtoon @CayoDaves @Werschon @Hargert You can contact Pimax support to fix your “wobble” issue. Please let us know once it’s working fine for you.

1 Like

@karrtoon as you have strong familiarity with the test can you confirm or is this a different detail being described?

I guess is not the same as distortions which stretching and banding world and objects on the edges ?( between 110~125 degree) And this issue cant be fixed at the moment with support.

Exactly. that is another thing. That one can easily be fixed by adjusting the HMD higher on the face. This one is about the whole world, not just the edges and it was a BIG concern for myself and other users in this forum. Finally we have now an indication for the cause and a working solution.

1 Like

@anon74848233 @Pimax-Support

I see better if Pimax publishes a firmware update or generic software for everyone to solve the problem.

Regardless of whether the sponsors notice it or not.

5 Likes

Adjusted many times , still see them but a little bit further

1 Like

Moving it closer or further away from the face can improve it furthermore.

1 Like

closer for me is not possible due my glasses, already tested orginal Pimax foam, vr cover 6 mm foam replacement, vr cover 6mm foam + extra 3 mm velcro, vr cover 16 mm and non of them was even close to get it better

1 Like

this is great to hear, congrats for getting it fixed.

3 Likes

I think people’s understanding of these labels for different problems … lead people to render different things in their minds. What is this “tracking latency wobble”? Stuttering framerates from head movements? Erratic head movements?

4 Likes

That is the biggest problem when a bunch of people that don’t know what they are talking about try to describe something. They use the first term that comes to mind and it is usually wrong. Then someone else uses a different term. Then another person uses the same term to describe a different issue.

6 Likes

Guess I’ll see if I can borrow a clean Nuc from work for this, not that I don’t trust pimax support but the idea of letting someone else remote into a machine I can’t wipe after is not something my paranoid side is happy with.

Agree, Firmware updates are supposed to be simple especially theses days when more people are techsavvy. Just connect your device, run PiTool, select upgrade firmware and that should be it.

With headsets and the like sure. However ssdd, Bluray drives & more firmware is often not so simple.

Just need more time to bake & pimax will continue to improve the ease of use. It’s already suggested to have roll back options for pitool & firmware. So with all likelihood will see it implemented at a future date when time permits.

@Heliosurge I won’t be able to test out of town for a while, maybe sebastian from MRTV can test? Sounds very promising if it’s the same issue being described.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter… people who want to understand they understood, other people who just want to bitch about … I have no interest or energy for them

@mixedrealityTV May you contact @Doman.Chen to update your headset and try it?

In fact I think this is important issue and should be solved for a long time because a lot of people change from 8k to 5k+ because this issue.

I am not sure that it is the moving world problem (latency) or lose tracking problem. Because before doman solved the headset for me, the headset always lose tracking for a little period (the image will follow the headset and then can track again). You can found this issue on some vive headset, when the headset become heat and some sensor will make the lose tracking.

2 Likes