Tracking Issues April 2020

I ordered this 2m hooked cable to connect to the headset https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B07PHGS5W6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And nice tip to secure it into the controller, thanks!

For what itā€™s worth, flashing my old Steam Controller dongle to a Watchman dongle and pairing the right Index controller to that seems to have completely solved my tracking issue in Beat Saber. The dongle is just plugged straight into my PC, not the headset.

2 Likes

@Leonardo any news from pimax about this issue?
Or from anyone else, did someone got an Answer from Pimax?
I mean, it is obvious a lot people have issues right now.

2 Likes

I use something like this and velcro tape to stick dongle on my headset.
No more lost tracking issue.

I try to get news every 2 weeks or so. Last I heard I posted on this thread wich is very active:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/why-pimax-has-some-controller-compatibility-issues-with-index-controller-some-info/24313/202?u=leonardo

1 Like

Last contact about my ticket is a week ago, when Alex asked more information about firmware of controllers and my HMD s/n.

1 Like

Just keep in mind this issue is also affecting some vive and index headset owners as well.

1 Like

Blockquote Just keep in mind this issue is also affecting some vive and index headset owners as well.

I have 2 external dongles when I use my pimax I get disconnects, when I switch to Vive Pro i donā€™t get any disconnects. Same dongles paired to the same controllers. Which would indicate there is a software issue.

1 Like

If your having to use Dongles vs the headset ones. Then sure being that this would be on Valveā€™s Software than Pimaxā€™s.

As said some Index and Viveā€™s are also affected. Why the issue isnā€™t consistent with all headsets with a given manufacturer suggests a likelihood of maybe different revisions of internal dongles.

2 Likes

This is hands down the biggest BS iā€™ve heard in a long time. The dongles bypass Pimaxā€™s PiTool. Thatā€™s what makes them work. Because the headset and software that Pimax delivers you is incapable of handling 2 data streams at a time. Itā€™s not related to Valve in any way. Itā€™s the Pimax hardware/software and we all know it. If it was an issue with Valve, then my Index wouldnā€™t have worked perfectly with the exact same base stations and controllers.

I would like to see the source of the viveā€™s and Indexā€™s affected though. Iā€™m highly sure that you havenā€™t read those topics and that they had issues regarding their base station placement or reflective surfaces. Never had these two headsets had any connection issues with controllers. There has been a bad batch of index controllers at the start, but those disconnect in a different way that is easily noticable over the issues that pimax headsets have.

Pimax needs to stop this BS and give people a proper fix. They know this issue is happening, they are just hiding from it with excuses so they donā€™t have to fix it. We are talking about a premium priced headset here and the support is utter garbage. Iā€™ve been trying to contact Support in a gentle way for 3 months now and they wonā€™t even bother to respond or give me an automatic sh*t reply that is not even close to the answer. I can already bet you that itā€™s a hardware issue that they are never gonna admit. They are probably gonna fix it in the newer headsets by replacing the Watchman dongle and call it a day. Not helping any of the current owners because i can already assure that they canā€™t even afford to replace a quarter of all the defective units(which is every pimax that exists).

Iā€™ve put mine on sale. Iā€™m done with this sh*t company that wonā€™t even support their clients. Biggest waste of money, period. If someone from support would actually want to reach out to me, shoot me a message. But i guess that also will never happen because why would i even have any expectations from this company?

Advice for the future: Admit your f*cking faults and fix them in a timely manner. This had been going for over a year. This shady mess is doing the business nothing good and itā€™s just waiting for bankruptcy at the moment because they are to lazy to fix their mess that they made over the past years. .

1 Like

Have you heard of using Google and Reading Reddit?

Here you go.

https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/c98m4u/index_controller_tracking_issue/?usqp=mq331AQQKAGYAbm1tM2rlJy_U7ABIA%3D%3D&amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FValveIndex%2Fcomments%2Fc98m4u%2Findex_controller_tracking_issue%2F

Folks like yourself need to stop jumping to conclusions. Which BTW Tracking Pucks show up in pitool and pair with Dongles.

After @PimaxUSA said it was also affecting non pimax headsets I did my diligence and used a search on google.

Google: Index Controller Tracking issues

Did you know pimax was not the first result?

2 Likes

Here:

Here:

Here:

Here:

Countless more. All very similar.

2 Likes

Did you check this topic? Was due to him accidentally pearing the controller to one of his vive tracker dongles instead of the headset.

Was related to the motherboard used with incompatible USB ports. Not the headsets fault.

This one is interesting. But also shows that different hardware fixed his issue.

Topic created the same day as the user made a request. He also didnā€™t respond after at all. So he probably figured it out and was just new and had a setup error

He states having issues regarding his light situation. This leads me into thinking itā€™s a reflection issue. Otherwise it wouldnā€™t make a difference.

All and all i really liked the Pimax headset. But iā€™m just tired of the issues. And we all know that itā€™s happening on a way larger scale with pimax headsets than other brands.
FYI, my pimax works fine with Vive 1.0 base stations and wands. But with 2.0 base stations and Index controllers, it messes up. This is probably due to the headset dongle not being able to process all incoming data which is way higher on 2.0. Logs also confirm this. This is why iā€™m getting salty about it. Many people already showed logs that clearly indicate the issue. But nothing is been done with them and itā€™s always thrown on the ā€œsorry but we canā€™t reproduce it at our officeā€ statement. Thatā€™s what makes me sick about it.

Also, quite funny how i decide to finally write a rant post and suddenly the COO responds instantly. I would love to see those kind of respond rates on your support department. They have been straight up ignoring me (even if i ask it very gently) for months.

2 Likes

Since only (some) are having issues, it doesnā€™t seem likely Pimax software or firmware. Same because it isnā€™t isolated to just Pimax headsets. Same as far as SVR goes.
Seems more like a difference in (some) chips, either in headsets or controllers.
The ICs suffered more than one issue in the left controller with the click and in some cases the ability to center correctly (I had the latter one and had to RMA). Perhaps a QA issue in one of the chips?

1 Like

You do know that the og Vive has older Dongles built into the headset vs Vive pro/index/pimax and all of them would be affected then when using Index Controllers and are not.

However your post could be said to indicate that the issues could be as you said ā€œreflections, motherboard Usb etcā€¦ā€

Valve is in any event looking into this with Pimax. Also the fact many folks like @dogbite are not having these issues points that the problem is not consistent or all pimax headsets would be affected and they are not.

Now maybe if you live near a pimax user whom is not having Index Controller tracking issues. Bring your headset and controllers over to their house. You might find that it could be something in your system or something else.

Why Valve is also investigating. So no it is not just pimax headsets.

PimaxUSA likely responded due to my @ mention and being online so no not really a coincidence.

It seems you have missed @Leonardoā€™s posts that show it is not being ignored as well.

1 Like

Now the question is, what kinds of games do you play? For example, in Pavlov my headset is completely fine. In Beat saber itā€™s all over the place.

For me itā€™s also only my left controller messing up. But itā€™s working perfectly when i use my Index or Left controller with USB dongle. Thatā€™s what makes me believe itā€™s 100% related to the headset or firmware.

@Heliosurge @PimaxUSA Apologies for my heated response. Itā€™s just that i bought this headset because i loved the idea sooo much, but it has given me nothing but a headache over the past year. And that just disappoints me. I want the product to be good, but for now itā€™s just a paperweight devalueing on my desk. And that makes me mad/sad.Especially when support is not there to help you with the issue. I would love to try a replacement headset for example. But i canā€™t even get a response. The only response i get is ā€œGo e-mail this guy (alex.liu@pimax.com)ā€ and on that e-mail address i never get a response.

Now Paul since I believe you said you LH v1.0 maybe try an experiment and try your index controllers with them as index controllers are compatible with both LH systems.

1 Like

I did, it results in the exact same tracking issues. Even though the controllers are operating on LH1.0, it seems like they are still pushing more data than the wands do, thus causing them to fail tracking properly. Do note that my issue only exists on fast pace movements, i donā€™t have the controllers flying around all the time like others sometimes have here. They just get stuck for a few milliseconds in my case.

Iā€™m surprised itā€™s game specific for you. Iā€™d check the logs, you just may not notice it. I got to the end of HL:Alyx before realizing this is defo a pimax issue.

For me it is only my left controller, but I do get occasional oddities with the right controller. Also visible in the log. These are much more forgivable though.

Gonna have to agree though, this is a Pimax issue. Stop trying to say it effects all other headsets. It does not, plain and simple. I have THREE vr ready machines, all do the same thing with a pimax, NONE do it with a vive or index. Iā€™ve done it in different houses too. It is absolutely 100% the hmd or software. Some of this might lie on valve to help - and Iā€™m totally okay with the issue being a thing. I deal with EOL components all the time at work, and this stuff happens. Itā€™s the response thatā€™s just embarrassing. The customer ainā€™t wrong. This is the same response stuttering got for SIX MONTHS before finally it was acknowledged and fixed.

3 Likes

Your v1 LHes did you update the firmware as awhile ago a RoadtoVR Article said Valve needed to push an update out as Beatsaber users were moving faster than thought posdible.