Tomshardware review of 5K+ [30th Sept]

Yes I did with coffee in hand. Love your posts. No disrespect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol. Ok here we go… :wink:

You forget to mention that Pimax had sent him a faulty unit with display panel problems. Kind of important info here. I don’t think they ever sent him a replacement unit? Not sure there though.

2 Likes

LOL, yeah the Spanish team, all got pissed at. Now Pumcy is getting burried under kilo’s of fluid shit. People here on this forum really are taking all this way too seriously if you ask me.

3 Likes

Ahh, all the usual suspects gathering and warming up - all others please take your seats, the action is about to begin.

ROUND 1

10 Likes

I can see pledge sellers warming up ready to strike,

The higher it is worth now, the bitter they become the harder they strike!

Go on, popcorn is ready!

1 Like

The first shipments should arrive next week.

2 Likes

I think it is worrying but not worrying enough to risk him losing a client as this is his full time job and I have not tried the HMD personally. All I can do is hope the majority of people that have tried the HMD are right and Pumcy is wrong and if that is the case I would not value his future journalism. If he turns out to be correct against these odds then, well, we all owe him an apology I guess. I think the only thing we can do is wait for the first #100 opinions and see what those think of it.

4 Likes

Actually they have and have a patent for it too.

What display you use for Pimax 8K/5K?
We use customized low persistence liquid (CLPL) display.
CLPL is a new patented display tech we developed with our partner for VR specifically.
CLPL display featured with less liquid respond time and higher refresh rate. We have completely eliminated ghosting and improved brightness with the CLPL display. CLPL tech is on the same level with OLED in VR era. There are only minor differences in color contrast/temperature between CLPL and OLED. Also, CLPL can reach higher PPI/PPD with the same cost.
Our co-founders have over 20 years experience in display era, including many years in VR. Some of the core team members come from display industry and maintain close relationships with display suppliers. That’s one of the reasons why we care about visual so much.

3 Likes

Fair enough. (20 chars)

Now your looking foolish. The leak clearly showed what you knew. His m1 died in a very short time. You can’t test a paperweight.

Folks let me put it nicely. If you want to ask him about experience with the the 5k+.

He can answer things as an enthusiast like the rest of us are.

The review is not targeted for Enthusiasts. We are geeks; we edit config files, registry enteries, Overclockers. We are not averager gamer. We are power users.

1 Like

Get Thee behind me sjefdeklerk!!

1 Like

Hmmm… I learned most of my overclocking techniques from the many over-clocking guides from Tom’s Hardware site… Heck, they did one on GPU’s just a few months ago! Who do you think Tom’s Hardware targeted audience is?

2 Likes

He has a point, I did as well.

1 Like

On the internet? Everyone. Not everyone reads all reviews from a site.

Since i was there at the Berlin Meetup and tried both Pimax…

R.I.P.:urn: HTC VIVE :poop:

It´s only my opinion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

TARGETED AUDIENCE…EVERYONE

No… Not really! And from a Business point of view, that would be a terrible idea!

Pimax in later versions or a combination of Steamvr updates will likely fix some of the dynamic resolution setting for new headset & video cards.

Now this topic is closed.