Tomshardware CES2020 8KX impressions

somebody translate please…

2 Likes

Translation: The combination of these two features (resoluzion and FOV), when the viewer is paired with a powerfull PC , is a presentation of the highest quality, with a level of realism that until a few years ago seemed unthinkable. We tried the Vision 8K X at CES and we were really impressed: total absence of screen doors, the possibility of perceiving the finer details and a peripheral vision that helps to reduce motion sickness and at the same time to improve the feeling of immersion. In the demo we witnessed, we found ourselves inside the passenger compartment of a touring plane, with the possibility of reading even the smallest indicator without difficulty and perceiving the three-dimensionality of each switch.

11 Likes

Hello Fabrizio,

Thank you for the repost! We appreciate that.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

The 8KX will ship before X-MAS.

3 Likes

What happened to this information!? I’m dying to hear this confirmed or denied. I just sold my Index to get a Vision 8K and the one thing I was really, really sad about was losing the Index speakers/headphones.

If the same sound is available on Pimax I will be a very, very happy customer. Please, confirm or deny this was a misunderstanding or true.

Quorra, If there really is a Pimax sound option that is the same as used in the Index please make sure you very specifically state which audio strap has it.

Modular Audio Strap standard: yes or no?
Deluxe Audio version: yes or no?

Also if at all possible please identify the actual audio component as mmorselli requested. It should be “Tectonic BMR Drivers” that is what Index uses. Please give as much info as possible this is a really, really, really big deal to anyone who has used Index and considering a Pimax purchase.

Thank you!

2 Likes

That was misprinted. It simply meant off ear like Index. Not the same drivers. See Spotlight Review Category. Pimax above Off ear is said okay but not great. For a quality sound you will want Deluxe MAS or an Upgrade option for the Standard MAS.

Detailed here.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/january-2020-updates/24789/4?u=heliosurge
Or use a headphone option of your choice.

3 Likes

Heliosurge, thank you for the quick reply. The anxiety was killing me. Ok so they were talking about the basic hidden MAS sound.

I’ll check out the link, thanks. I’ll be wanting to upgrade to something good on the MAS. Wish you could buy those Index speakers. =(

2 Likes

I can’t stand headphones like the Rift while I am driving. The Index speakers are actually a perfect solution for me that was such an unexpected bonus when I moved from 5K+ to it. I used to wear earbuds with the 5K+ which were great at noise cancellation but annoying that another cable had to hand somewhere. Wireless ones don’t work properly for me with W10 for some reason. Maybe my bluetooth dongle is cooked. There’s no fuss with the Index and the speakers being off my ears means I barely notice they are there. I get hot enough as it is with the HMD strapped to my head for 2 hours at a time while in serious races.

2 Likes

Yea, I have a Vive DAS and they speakers can be off the ear or loosely pressed against my ears which I find very comfortable and I don’t need noise cancelling.

That’s why I did not got for the Deluxe audio strap just yet. I want to see how well the normal MAS works for me and upgrade the speakers when I find them sub-par for my liking.

5 Likes

That depends on Pimax

1 Like

Use this. Internally, it is a USB soundcard fed to a bluetooth transmitter. At least to get AptX Low-Latency support, this is necessary because of Qualcomm’s marketing strategy.

Or use this.

I have both. I still just use a wired set of in-ear ‘earbuds’ with the VR headset though, permanently strapped to it.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.