Tomshardware CES2020 8KX impressions

They seemed to like it quite a bit, nice!

What surprised me was this statement though:

" My demo was a silent one, but Pimax told me the 8K X uses the same speakers as the Valve Index […]"

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

Could you please chime in? I was under the impression that the Delxue MAS came with pretty standard headphones, similar in quality to the HTC DAS. Has this been changed?

11 Likes

Well spotted, that’s the first mainstream all round good review I’ve seen , happy day’s !!
Hopefully pimax will really turn a corner at this years ces ,they have really put a lot of work into it
The stands and the computer’s they are using look fantastic!
Go Pimax!!!

10 Likes

Hello Twack3r,

Yes, our 8K X uses the same speakers as the Valve Index, as MRTV did review on the 8K X too. It does play sounds when you are playing games. You can view on MRTV on 8KX.
The Deluxe MAS has a better quality than the HTC DAS. So if you are looking for a better experience,maybe you can considering the deluxe one.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

8 Likes

Hello Oldboy,

Much appreciate on that! Shoutout to PIMAX!
Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

You’re referring to Deluxe Audio, right? And by “the same” you mean Tectonic BMR Drivers?

If confirmed, my order is on the way

7 Likes

Great review. I hope the Pimax brand name can get out of the gutter a bit more now.

6 Likes

I didn’t realise that there genuinely is Index-style components used in the DMAS, interesting. Thought it was just a misunderstanding

2 Likes

I’m 100% certain it’s a misunderstanding.

10 Likes

OK fair enough I can’t comment, I don’t know what hardware is used. Not familiar with the drivers in either the Index or Pimax solutions

2 Likes

Great job on CES 2020! This was something Pimax severely needed. To come out swinging, and it looks like you certainly did. Regarding the DAS and the 8KX, from what I understand, the 8KX’s that are going out early are shipping with the MAS, and then the DAS will ship at a later date?

6 Likes

Another good review: DigitalTrends 8KX Review

7 Likes

Could you please explicitly confirm or deny that the Deluxe Audio provided by the MAS are in fact Tectonic BMR Drivers, as they are used by the Valve Index.

3 Likes

Now I have a mess because they said that MAS (standard) has the same speakers as Valve Index, and Deluxe version has better headphone than Vive DAS…

True?

2 Likes

One thing is certain, even if they share components - they are not going to function the same.

Sebastian got Pimax to confirm 100% on one of yesterday’s CES streams that the DMAS is a standard headphone setup, and not ‘over ear.’

3 Likes

I think DigitalTrends messed up the Hz in this article, wasn’t it 120Hz and not 90Hz in upscale mode.

Upscale Mode is the only way to achieve the maximum 90Hz refresh rate (8K runs at 75Hz) and reduces the recommended graphics card to Nvidia’s RTX 2060.

2 Likes

I would have said that maybe they received an outdated press release to base the article on, given the 120Hz thing is a pretty new announcement.

However, they also describe it as having a 200 deg FOV, compared to 90 on Quest and 130 on Index, so I guess technical accuracy is not so important to this reviewer :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is corect except i Think quest is about 100 diaganly were Index is 130 and Pimax 200.

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA @SweViver

could someone confirm or deny this statement by answering the question?

3 Likes

Hello Mmorselli,

We will post weekly update on this statement, we did sum up the questions/requests from this forum,and create a discussion for these. By that time, you will get your answer from there.
Please stay tune on this post.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

12 Likes

I don’t know who is or are running this quorra account but I like it

11 Likes