Tomshardware CES2020 8KX impressions

They must have a few adaptations for this speed

7 Likes

In the previous era it felt more like this :joy:

12 Likes

From Toms Hardware review :“I used the 8K X with the Aerofly FS 2 flight simulator… the 8K X’s image looked razor-sharp”. :heart_eyes:

Someone @SweViver remembers the type of FOV during Aerofly FS2 demo ?

6 Likes

My demo was a silent one, but Pimax told me the 8K X uses the same speakers as the Valve Index, and it also has two 3.5mm jacks

Good review but I don’t know about that part.

1 Like

Yeah in previous years Pimax always gave the impression that they just got off the plane, with Robin’s work laptop.

I hated how rushed it seemed and they were trying to demo the pimax with literally duct taped controllers and mobile gtx1070 laptops.

This year the whole booth and plethora of staff made them seem like a more confident professional company. And those beastly gaming machines don’t try to hide the fact that Pimax is targeting the high end gamer with beefy pc to show
their best.

I mean i know the Pimax will run on a GTX1060 but at a trade show you need to show the headset at its best.

11 Likes

I heard that the 8kx will ship before the MAS

2 Likes

I think that’s only for the initial shipment(s) of 8KX. The MAS is supposed to be in mass production by the end of January, so subsequent headsets should be shipped with the MAS.

7 Likes

Lol. Will run on a 1060 but most of us here know that to truly appreciate what they offer it takes the highest end components, often times with an overclock to run them properly. My rig has an 8700k OC to 5ghz with 32gb of ddr4 3200 and a 2080 ti clocked to 2060mhz and there are still times I can’t sustain stable frame rate if I get too greedy with certain graphics options. And that’s with the 5k plus none the less

6 Likes

It’s worth noting that the 8KX will look better than your current 5K+/8K, even at your current settings. You can wait to bump the graphics settings until you upgrade your GPU. That’s what I’m planning to do. I’m currently running my 8K in Elite D at PiTools 0.75 and SteamVR at 100% and won’t change that when my 8KX arrives.

7 Likes

Agreed, it seems likely that native or even a notch or two down from native will look better and perform better than reliance on SS.

And I was the first to scoff at impossible hardware and GPU requirements, but the demos they’re showing off at VR days and CES are obviously not running PCs from the future but current high end kit - and not even overclocked GPUs. As Sweviver said, the venues are too hot to sustain that. And they don’t seem to have trouble hitting 75 FPS on the demos regardless so with a decent setup we’ll get better results ourselves

4 Likes

@PimaxQuorra What day of the week are these weekly updates scheduled to come out?

3 Likes

He he yeah pimax can be so frustrating, sure look at vr-days just gone and all the 8kx’s died!!
But I think things are changing and getting better!
Credit were it is due , the hole pimax team put a ton of effort into CES , and it showed , they really looked the part.
So now CES is over, I’m really looking forward to some sweviver through the Len’s video!!
And also start saving for a 3080ti ,sounds like it could be a big performance jump, but will have to wait to see the benchmarks first!!!

8 Likes

Well I’m skipping the 2080ti so I will have to get a 3080ti or I have to wait for a 4080ti…

3 Likes

I hope for the new Navi highend gpu so i can go back to ATI/AMD.

4 Likes

Ghost In The Shell I do believe. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

3 Likes

Yes indeed :ghost: :shell:

2 Likes

Hello Crump,

Will do by tomorrow night,so everyone can read it before heading to bed.
It’s bed-time story! :blush:

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

9 Likes

Hopefully one with a happy ending. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yes, Pimax should know that a gamer who wants a headset as hi spec’d as the Pimax isn’t a gamer who owns a 1050Ti.

1 Like

Great review of Pimax 8K X on DDAY (italy)

3 Likes