The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

Yeah, it’s a decent game so far. Really wish we could enjoy it in the full FOV. What brightness setting are you using?

2 Likes

Hi Razorub
I found I get all the hidden detail with a good ballance of blacks at … Contrast +5 / Brightness 0. Could try brightness -1 or -2 mileage may vary I imagine. Cheers. Very early testing maybe could be dialed in better for day time.

2 Likes

I am getting weird crashes that keep saying no memory and check your video card. Got a dam 2080 super.

I’ve crashed to desktop twice so far, but it has been since I updated the Pitool to the Alpha release and after the game was updated. Took me right out of the game, and behaved as though the headset was disconnected. I switched back to the prior PiTool (PiToolSetup_1.0.1.249_R255) and was able to play crash free, so far… I’m wondering if it has something to do with that, or with their patch.

1 Like

Are you using the Alpha PiTool? If so, roll back to 249.

1 Like

With all FOVs I’m also getting the red half circles.

I have made a post on the forum, don’t know if it will have any effect though as they can always say that Pimax is not supported.

1 Like

A couple of us got on discord Sunday and reached out to the developer. They are aware of the issue and have now added to a high priority fix list. They even ordered a Pimax to test it on.

8 Likes

Hopefully not an 8kx as we might be waiting a while.

I’ve been playing on small fov at 120hz in the meantime.

1 Like

I believe they ordered a 5K+.

3 Likes

I noticed when looking for the pitool software that it kind of hidden. Literally all the way in the buttom of the page under support lol. Hope the developers knows where to look.

Yes I am starting to get constant crashes as you described… though I have not changed from Pitool 249/ firmware 255. It just started happening when I reached The Tower Intel mission area but it has become unplayable at the moment.

The developer just posted the following great news:

Pre-release notes for Hotfix #3

Attention Tourists, we’ve got some news from the Bayou. Though not ready just yet, Hotfix #3 is soon upon us. A preview of what will be included is below. Stay tuned here! You’ll be the FIRST to know when it’s ready to go live.

We value your feedback and want to say thank you to the community members that are helping us to improve the game experience for all players.

Pre-release notes for Hotfix #3

• Physical Crouch improvements

• Fixed an issue with non-ANSI Window usernames that prevented bindings and other files to not be read correctly

• Chaperone should now appear correctly

• Gun angle adjustment option

*** “Disable All Vignettes” option**

• Controller deadzone defaults

• Progression break fixes for quests

• Nausea vignette goes to zero!

• All achievements should now unlock properly

• In some instances, NPCs didn’t fire when they should have. Now they should – so be careful!

• Vive: fixed Crouch hint to say “Up” instead of “Down”

• Various crash fixes

• Art and animation polish

• Various performance optimizations

• Plus a little something extra…

Thank you for playing our game!

8 Likes

Wow these developers are amazing. Cant wait

4 Likes

finally things looked kind cramped playing at small fov.

which is still bigger than an index, but I need moar!!

5 Likes

I have been playing this on the oculus s and it’s the best VR FPS I have played yet except maybe for Alien Isolation . I can only imagine how good it will look on the 8kx .

3 Likes

The patch is now live! Just tested and Disable All Vignettes works perfectly. Game looks fantastic in full FOV. Enjoy!

7 Likes

yes but make sure PP is on. Without it i get fish bowl distortion, in both directions top/bottom, left/right.

1 Like

Yes, I confirm, this is the most amazing game. I’m even afraid to go there every time. Suddenly they will eat me?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.