The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

“you need to activate compatible only with Vive in Pitool”

Finally got a fix, cheers :+1:

3 Likes

ill probably pick it up. I can’t believe ACG reviewed it! Man VR is really hitting the mainstream. :grin:.

Think about it , ACG when he reviews games its not a quick 2 min review, he really digs deep and studies the details. The fact that a VR game has enough content to be reviewed seriously by ACG is HUGE!!

4 Likes

The games is fun but need some fixes,and this game realy needs a rgb oled panel.
This game suffers alot on the lcd panels!

3 Likes

Lol, Define Roomscale. because most of us have Rug Scale.

If all you mean is that the game doesn’t support standing , meh. I used to play standing most of the time, like you. But then I took an arrow to the knee…

1 Like

I know haha, it wasn’t a zombie, it was an npc
The game is good, it could be much better though

2 Likes

To couch you have to press a button. If you physically crouch or bend over, the whole world will move with you. It’s a weird sensation, and slightly nauseating. Very weird to be standing at your full height one second, (press the crouch button) and then see everything at knee height the next. Sure you can adapt to the controls and play through the game the way they intended, but it would be so much better with the ability to crouch and move even slightly around in the world. It wouldn’t have to be full roomscale where you can walk several feet in a a direction, but just being able to freely move around in a small area would be great. It feels like the first few Oculus games when it comes to this, as it was clearly designed as a seated experience for Oculus and PSVR users. I’d say it’s still worthwhile to have in your library, I’m just personally going to hold off playing a little while to see if they fix the crouch (which they said is top of their list).

i dont mind having a crouch button, i use it alot in boneworks and espire1. Sometimes you just dont feel like actually crouching.

but not having the option to crouch without the world moving is super weird. It should allow both simultaneously. Like any other game.

3 Likes

Oh didn’t think of trying that. Will certainly be booting it up in Pimax 5k xr tonight

4 Likes

Any word on the red comfort circle? I’ve tried changing fov and enabling or disabling pp and vive-only, but that was yesterday afternoon. Nothing worked.

1 Like

I didn’t see a circle in my view yesterday when I played for a short bit. Did it come from the patch? I haven’t tried since they updated it.

1 Like

Not sure if it was patched when I played or not, but it was about 8-9ish est yesterday night. I’ll try again when I get home today.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Is there really a FOV limitation mask… Are you absolutely sure you don’t have a Comfort vignette enabled?

Also does anyone else suffer this problem? That could be a deal-breaker for me.

1 Like

I have comfort at 0%, and the mask is still there all the time, if I increase it, it only appears bigger when I move

2 Likes

Ouch that is a shame. Thanks for reply!

1 Like

Yeh that weird red circle is there limiting fov. I’m also getting a no memory error when I try to turn on pp. Got a 2080 super and dont know what causing that error. I hope 16gb of ram is enough

1 Like

Just finished to download it and I have the same FOV limitation :scream::scream::scream:
This is really not playable!

1 Like

They added a new patch that fixes the gun angle and adds the ability to physical crouch. You have to edit an ini file, but one other thing I noticed is within the file is an option for “VignetteStrength=0.090672”. Perhaps setting that to 0.0 will eliminate the vignette completely. I’ll test shortly.

3 Likes

So after testing a bunch of different settings in the config file, nothing I could find so far disables or fixes the red edges. The only fix I’ve found is to run the game in the Small FOV in Pitool.

5 Likes

With my 5K XR it’s the same :frowning_face:

1 Like

Yep I hope they fix red circle issue but I found I was able to enjoy game anyway surprisingly.
I really appreciate being able to adjust game brightness as many folks on other HMD’s find game overly dark with glare issues etc.
I also don’t need Parallel projection and vive only game enabled. Runs buttery smooth on my 1080fe/i5 4690 non k no Oc. Index controls are very good also. Normal fov.

1 Like