The Pimax Controller's first post!

I guess left side should be ok as it’s similar as index & this pattern above, although now it’s unclear what is about bottom part which is closer to your face.

So the ring is mostly on the outside part which seems good, but anyways still can be the cas then you use bow, hard to say without testing

4 Likes

Yeah it does look quite nice. I have read at one point that a camera might be on the controllers themselves. Likely to keep you from punching things. For front facing this could be a good method for boundaries.

So a stick is good for most scenarios where roomscale isn’t used . (basically all games), whereas a trackpad isn’t.
And a Track pad isn’t good for locomotion in roomscale games either.

so what IS a trackpad good for? (besides making me upset):slight_smile:

Honestly, based on USB-CGate on the Pimax 8k,5k+ and HingeGate on the 8kX, it would not surprise me if 3 years of development went into these controllers and nobody actually tried playing games with them, this is how Pimax rolls.

2 Likes

Simply put choice shouldn’t make you angry vs lack of choice. Don’t like an option don’t buy it.

I for one like using a mix. Etee Kickstarter suggests there are many out there that like trackpads as well.

There are also lots of games that neither stick or trackpad have much use. Some don’t even need buttons.

I do think sticks should match oculus touch with a sensor to determine if your thumb is on the stick or not.

3 Likes

you’re right, normally choice wouldn’t make me angry, but with Pimax less is often more.

Options are why we are still waiting for our stuff.

2 Likes

True, I think pimax just needs to make a simpler version before they dig onto something with complexity. However this should have been released by last summer when someone was saying good things were coming then. However patterns are often consistent.

1 Like

I love how Pimax was all through August talking about how the DMAS and KDMAS were at the top of the list and that they were going to start shipping, and now that has completely gone away and its just post about the controllers.

I fell like the KDMAS is never going to be released.

They have mentioned the KDMAS and DMAS should be ready soon. How soon? …

1 Like

Wait, so the Stretch Goal boxes have been delayed?!

3 Likes

I would say yes unless there shipping without kdmas.

1 Like

They are just amazed at professionallity in general.

Haven’t been here in the forum for quite a time, so I didn’t follow the news. They are talking about controllers and KDMAS now, but what happened to the Pimax Lighthouse stations? Did they already got shipped? I was a backer of the 5K+ and never received mine.

1 Like

Valve Lighthouses are said to ship with Backer boxes soon. Be sure to verify your address by tomorrow.

PIMAX! I haven’t been here since June when I came to see about my controllers… Someone mentioned September or something, but… Still no controllers…

I have been waiting since the Kickstarter for my controllers… Now you are talking about a sword or something… Where are my controllers?

2 Likes

Sword is the Nonsense version. Only update for sept revolved around 8kX and Backer boxes. At this point it looks like maybe early to mid 2021 for Sword at least who knows on Sword Sense(the backer’s controllers)

Hi Pimax

Is there any chance of another update on the controllers for backers, an idea when we will see the would be great.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! You were a Kickstarter Backer?

hi lan2k,

We had a lot of items to deliver this year that we completed and were able to deliver in volume which include: the 8kX headset, Hand Tracking Module, Eye Tracking Module, SMAS and KDMAS rigid audio straps, all sorts of firmware and software updates and the Pimax Experience Software. On the production side DMAS is the next accessory release.

Top development priority now are the controllers with most of our engineers working on them daily, including our rock stars. On delivery time we will have a better picture of that next month when our first major round of internal testing is completed. It comes down to just how happy testers are and if any issues are uncovered.

8 Likes

I opened a ticket about the 2nd face foam (thicker one) for my 8KX and I received it last week. Very nice!

1 Like

Any news about the controllers? is there any approximate plan when we will get the controllers shipped? is it in around 3 months or more than 6 months from now ? any time range?

1 Like