The Pimax Controller's first post!

So when do we get the new hinges for our 8kx headsets?Its far too uncomfortable now…

Also were is the second face foam that was meant to be in our 8kx package?

1 Like

Why do you think they designed the Silicon Sleeve for? :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

So with that being said when is the next prediction to begin sending Backer Boxes as you just detailed the KDMAS is not ready to ship yet as planned.

3 Likes

To be fair this may be true, but didn’t they promise backer stretch goals before end of October

1 Like

Ah okay. So these ones will have the finger tracking as well or its just ordinary trackpad.

But yeah, I be waiting for the ones with the joystick & fingertracking.^^ cant wait to see final protype on those when they are ready

1 Like

You know what be cool though. For the Finger Tracking version to also have some finger guides implemented on them as well.

I know that won’t happen but hopefully 3rd party will make them for the Sword Sense Controllers in time

(Similar to the KNUCKLES DUSTER 2 https://betaform.shop/)

1 Like

Sorry to say but that connection to the ring looks like a sure to break point without stability to the top of the controllers. Unless this thing is made of metal I can’t trust pimax choice in plastic. Might be a show stopper for me!

Haha this is why no matter what happens I will never jump off the bandwagon.

Ive waited to long to settle on , un-ergonomic index controllers.

Too bad they are wasting so much time and effort developing a trackpad version the industry has left behind and maybe 0.001% of us actually want.

yeah bring both hands together to play cloudlands could be a problem

1 Like

I have a feeling they’ll use the same crappy plastic they used in the 5K+ housing.

All the backers like me who have been waiting for 3+ years will get the controllers which will break easily and Pimax will use a stronger plastic in the future leaving the original backers in the dirt.

To be honest I doubt that. The plastic used on the housings was simply too new of a process and with the drop test video and such seemed like it should be good. Unfortunately like Asus Sabertooth fx990(?) With experimental adding of pcix 3.0 didn’t work out and a short time later was quietly removed in a revision.

I agree that the black housings are not good. And is why pimax seems to be moving to Blue housing. I imagine the contrillers may have even better plastics as controllers need more to be more rugged.

1 Like

I hope your right @Heliosurge

I just don’t want to be left in the dust again after waiting over 3 years for my controllers.

I really hope the version they ship backers and pre-orders are tested thoroughly.

1 Like

They should release them in the RE material and color to match the new X.

1 Like

Really? My last memory of a Backer box promise was an August date.

So far the Blue housings seem to be holding up well so far.

2 Likes

pimax would give an update the day after i cave and buy index controllers. XD I think these will probably have way better ergonomics and tracking, so presuming my trade down coupon works i will still get them and then sell the index controllers…

1 Like

Somebody mentioned this about those rings and i never thought it could be an issue until now

but has anyone at Pimax actually played games with these?

It seems like when putting your hands together to reload a pistol or drawing back a bow

or anything where you need to bring your hands close to your head that those rings will hit each other and shatter (based on pimax plastics experience)

2 Likes

only because it takes longer to see it cracking under the coating :slight_smile:

Also the more i see previews and discussions its become increasingly apparent that the industry has moved to the joystick and two button configuration , even WMR

and that i feel as the industry ditched trackpads (and rightly so).
People with Swords are going to find themselves in steamVR input options way more than they would like.

2017 was a LONG time ago and so much as changed in the market since the time we were asked to vote on trackpad vs joystick.

It feels like they are making a product that only 0.001% of people would actually buy on purpose.

1 Like

Trackpads are completely fine and can emulate a stick without much difficulty. Just a bit of a learning curve.

While they should make nonsense versions of both. They should also make both in sense flavors. Being able to mix controllers can be ideal. Especially as new methods take over for locomotion. As stick or pad is not optimal for locomotion to have immersion in roomscale use.

Even Valve was criticized for a lot of the design of the knuckles. Ergonomics like stick, pad and button locations. Remember the Dev that wanted to trade his EV2 and his review of them? Of course pimax had 0 samples to swap with him as vapor is hard to grab.

1 Like

Sony patented a new controller design:

@Miracle @PimaxUSA @SweViver
Please note that this controller uses only a part of a ring similar to the Index controllers.

Could you please let us know if playing with bow and arrow has been tested with the latest Pimax controller prototypes?
Has someone tried to shoot a single pistol with two hands in vr?
If yes, did the big rings collide with each other or with the headset?

@VoodooDE @mixedrealityTV

5 Likes