The Pimax Controller's first post!

6 months maybe. Kevin said something about maybe showing something at Virtual CES

Any updates on the Controllers? CES 2021 is already passed and we have no newsā€¦

We didnā€™t show them at CES because we came to the same conclusion other companies did this year.

Most new items at the show were evolutionary (i.e. laptop with updated cpu, gpu etc.) but best demoed in person type things like (DMAS and Pimax controllers, etcā€¦) werenā€™t part of it.

This years CES for us was mostly about talking to partners and commercial customers. Largely missing was the typical CES consumer element which is understandable considering the circumstances.

We are looking forward to a time when we hope we get a chance to display the items again in hands-on settings. Hopefully relatively soon.

On the items themselves and updates etc. the teams commitment is very high on a daily basis. I see countless reports on the items flying around every day. More work is being done on products and accessories than at any time before but the global circumstances make most of these efforts a lot less visible.

3 Likes

So why not discuss with the team on doing some updates with pictures and videos on the controller progress.

Is DMAS still on track to start shipping prior to CNY/Spring Festival?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure we will, it was a consideration for CES but like other companies we chose not to go down that path showing products that really benefit from hands-on discussion.

On DMAS Iā€™ve seen nothing during any meeting the last few days saying there is a snag somewhere. Iā€™ll talk to the team directly involved in that later tonight to double-check for issues.

5 Likes

Awesome Kevin! Thanks for the clarifications.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Purchased Index Bundle Feb 2021

Question:
Can the elastic strap be removed for washing?
You canā€™t on the index and itā€™s fabric, which soaks up everything :confused:

2 Likes

I would hope so as this would make getting a strap replaced easier.

2 Likes

Ya it is a shortsightedness. A snap at the top would have made them easier to wash.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.