The page is live

It’s live already my friend, here:

Tested Pimax 8K impressions video.

I wonder how the 8K-X Limited Edition version differs from the standard version?
If people know, they might pledge on it in increased numbers!

Currently, no one knows. It’s one of the world’s last unsolved mysteries, addimtedly after how Hillary’s Clinton’s new self-pity book became a best seller…

1 Like

u mixed something up. there is no 8K limited Edition, just a 8K X limited Edition. It justs mean that the X Version is limited. so people have to be “fast” to get one.

I wonder how the 8K Limited Edition version differs from the standard version?

As I understand it support native 4k the 8k early edition upscales 1440p to 4k for each eye.

Thank you. I correct the error.

This is correct,the may 2018 release is the native 4K version that isn’t 1440p upscaled.

What I was thinking was why there was a $649 Early Bird 8K-X version (NB: ALL SOLD OUT - shown at bottom of page) and an 8K-X $699 ‘Limited Edition’ version - when both are native 4K, and both share the same may 2018 release date.

There is only 50 dollars price between them, so I was curious what the 50 bucks gets you if the release date and specification is the same.

1 Like

Its a discount for the first so many backers.

Thanks, I just wasted 50 bucks then as I could have gotten the other one! LOL. Ohh well. My Limited Edition will be in my mind. :slight_smile:

Limited edition is referring only to X. Maybe it means you wont see consumer versions of X version in the may or the amount of all X version during kickstarter is limited because this is a new offer based on our feedback, it was not intended to be there (probably).

50 bucks discount is for every ‘early bird’, i guess each or close to each package has it’s early bird version. Early birds are obviously limited too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol :smiley: sorry to hear that. maybe the choosen name was not the best. its called limited because its limited to 150

1 Like

Ahh I saw one backer on that one when the other one was live. Ooh well at least your a good supporter.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain you’re half right it’s the $200 difference that we heard if we buy we could get the regular 8k first then this limited 8kx first , maybe just guessing

All 8K X “Full” backers should get the Standard 8K as soon as they are ready. This was their initial plan & now any excuse not to honor it would be bad etiquette.

Pimax needs to clarify this.

2 Likes

Yeah hope your right!

1 Like

Why did you buy the 8K X? Pimax wrote “Based on our tests, no obvious difference in VR gaming experiences between 8K and 8K X.” So from my side it makes no sense.

They want people to back the 8k over the 8k x because the X does not exist yet, Its marketing. They literally told us about the X after we all reacted negatively to the 8k not supporting native resolution input.

3 Likes

Folks with top tier video cards always want the best.

While it says no obvious difference; there are differences. An image when upscaled may have small details not as clear compared to full native 4k per eye.

3 Likes

I think it’s mainly because they know games don’t currently support native 4K VR and the standard 8K is already locked and loaded for production

At least now they know what we want and have a target to work towards. In 8 months I’m sure the problems will be worked out

3 Likes

Hi!

I plan to only run racing games like project cars.
Is the Pimax 8k laser tracking capable of positional tracking?
If i for example move my head forward to the steering wheel or to the sides
Or If i lean forward to inspect car interior, gages etc.
Do i need the lighthouse tracking also for this situation?

Another option that could arise is “all” 8K X backers no matter the tier chosen will be gifted the 8K.

That could avoid the shipping hell that’s very likely to arise & also avoid the issue of Pimax receiving back Standard 8K HMD’s in less than stellar condition.

1 Like