The Eye-Tracking DFR Benchmarks from Pimax NOW Event (summary)

Sure, I believe I have FFR enabled on Lone Echo (my only Oculus store title to test), but would have to double check as it’s been a while.

I’m not sure if I could enable Oculus FR for it instead of FFR, as I only have a 5k+. I could try, but I guess it requires an Oculus headset no?

1 Like

It works for me, but on the most conservative setting it is still much more aggressive and intrusive than any other title. I have used it pretty much since FFR was released for PiTool, so it has worked consistently through PT, Nvidia, and ED updates for however many months. Factory-overclocked 2080 Ti.

But - and I have not been able to reach a consistent conclusion about this - I cannot turn on any form of AA in VR in the game, which doesn’t seem quite right. Totally fine in pancake, but in VR it turns the game essentially into VGA resolution and is unplayable. I do not know why this is, but I assumed both AA and FFR quality issues were down to rendering issues with the game. Will be interesting to see if DFR differs in quality or performance.

It’s possible that a complete clean reinstall of the game could make some difference, but I’m too lazy now as I’m barely playing ED and not much VR either. No longer worth the effort to troubleshoot, but hey, maybe I’ll be inspired when the 8KX arrives :wink:

3 Likes

The Oculus FFR in Lone Echo is in game. I don’t believe you can disable it. Though I could be wrong about option to disable.

2 Likes

Sure thanks, will have to check. If that’s the case I may have been running both, although it ran fine and without any noticeable problems

1 Like

Strange times indeed

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.