[Thanksgiving AMA] Leave your questions for Pimax here, Pimax team will answer all the questions online from 7PM PT / 10PM ET 22nd Nov

This is a bit vague.
You don’t have a more precise date ? (before January ?)
Will this quantity cover all backers pledges ?

We haven’t found any compatibility problems with the game yet, if you know of any relate games you can tell us, we will test them.

We will continue to improving.

Controller top priority ongoing, will release demo in Jan
Hand motion design fixed, ready for mass production
Base station waiting for big quantity from our partner to deliver to us.

wireless, eye tracking, VR frame, cooling fan, headstrap- second priority
@ Atlan4255 @ MildlyConfused

1 Like

so far so good. more orders will help for better forecast and planning, so we can hire more production lines.

1 Like

Are you stopping pre-orders after tomorrow? If so, why? @deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu

Hi xunshu,are you referring to pre orders or backers in regards to ordering early on the 5kBE ???if to backers where to book ?

Thanks

We are waiting for our partner to confirmed the number and delivery time. @ Lehmen

The game in question is a software called “project sansar” where the game does not detect the correct signal from the headset. VR for the user works fine, but others do not see the user’s movements, which is why I was able to determine that the game only lets people see your VR movements if the headset is report a correct signal for the headset being on (on the vive it is given by the proximity sensor when the headset is put on)

You can change face cushion if you want.

Estimation about production schedule for Kickstarter backers :
0 - 1000 End of November
1000 - 1500 Week 1, December
1500 - 2000 Week 2, December
2500 - 3000 Week 3, December
3000 - 3500 Week 4, December
3500 - 4000 Week 1, January
4000 - 4500 Week 1, January
4500 - 5000 Week 2, January
5000 - 5500 Week 2, January
5500 - 5946 Week 3, January

6 Likes

Hi Mathew.xu
I am backer 6164 when can I expect mine on your schedule as you only go to 5946 ?

Thanks and really appreciate all your great input.

Once you’re producing 1500+ HMDs, will you be able to mail batches on a daily basis or will you need to hold them and send them in bigger batches as you’re doing now? @deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu

(Just trying to estimate when I will receive my HMD, backer 1608)

1 Like

So you currently have no clue at all about when you will receive base stations and not even how many you will get…

This is not reassuring at all, I hope backers without any v1 basestation will not find themselves with a 3DOF pimax HMD for monthes and monthes (like no v2 basestation until mid-2019 or even later…).

Thank you for doing the AMA. Really appreciate it. @deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu

2 Likes

5946 is the actual number of kickstarter backers. You backer number is 6164, but you are actually number is 5xxx.

1 Like

For better compatibility, this scheme is currently used.

1 Like

Thanks mathew.xu When you have time can you email me the actual number.

Cheers

We will send out a batch as soon as accumulated 200 units.

2 Likes

For brainwarp, might we at least have the option to choose 90 * 2 for use with lightweight apps? It would be much to people’s delight to determine on their own which setting might work.

1 Like
  1. We will plan to provide black level for users to choose;
  2. We recommend that users choose a normal fov, wide fov will be available as a beta version later.
  3. Please check the pitool feature via our website.
4 Likes
  1. yes for sure. as we are growing, we are hiring more people in different functions.
  2. the price won’t reduce in the short term, but we will provide coupons for all the pre-order customers, including those already placed order.
  3. we are working on ASW now, will move on to brainwarp after ASW, @MightyDodger we can already adjust screen brightness and have 60Hz and 72 hz mode ready for beta testing.
  4. Controller & headstrap - top priority ongoing now, will release demo in Jan
    Hand motion design fixed, ready for mass production
    Base station waiting for big quantity from our partner to deliver to us.
    wireless, eye tracking, VR frame, cooling fan, headstrap- second priority
    We are waiting for our partner to confirmed the number and delivery time.
  5. it’s a bottleneck in mass production for RGB oled. for your reference, samsung is the oled tech leader, the only vendor that can mass produce oled panel. samsung has not announce the panel yet, the industry is not ready for the high ppi rgb tech yet. @neelrocker
  6. for individual issues, please contact the support team.
  7. yes still working on fixing distortions with new pitool versions.
  8. lens design fixed.
  9. the headset will power off after 1 min stable in your table, we do not have enough reason to add back psensor, as we can achieve similar function with software.
  10. we will contact VorpX to discuss.

@jeroen

13 Likes