TestHMD: a new 'Real o Virtual' tool to measure HMD

@Knob2001, of the Real o Virtual Spanish website, has made a totally new measurement tool, with many, better tests.

The previous version will remain free, but this one to which he has dedicated much more work will be paid: $ 3.99 USD (or more, if you want)
With this one-off payment, you will also be entitled to the version for Oculus Quest, which is about to be released. The two versions are built with Unreal Engine 4.

Let’s see if you give it a good use @SweViver, @mixedrealityTV, @Pumcy, and anyone interested.

In Spanish:

http://testhmd.com/es/inicio/

Link to the Itch.io store

10 Likes

Testing the Oculus Quest beta version (56:09)

2 Likes

This is awesome stuff! Is it available directly im Steam store? That’s a steal at that price. Did a quick read. With Color test could use to calibrate pimax?

@benz145 from RdToVR will want to check this out as well.

@VoodooDE @Casyi @RobCram @leppermessiah1 will also likely be interested in this fantastic tool.

7 Likes

It’s on itch.io:wink:

3 Likes

I will check this out, thanks.

2 Likes

Payed & downloading. Nice find!

1 Like

Link to the Itch.io store

3 Likes

Sure it could help, but ask @knob2001, colors, greys, distorsion, fov, resolution…

2 Likes

Interesting tool, hoping to hear feedback about it by those giving it a try!

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you! This could be very helpful!

6 Likes

Hi!

So here it is, the new version of the first test that a lot of you have tried before on Steam Workshops. I’ve done a website to explain -more or less- the different zones. Some of them are just curated patterns, but some are interactive.

Brightness and Contrast, i.e., modifies the chart to let you compare values with another headsets. Both the hFOV and vFOV lock your head into the very center of the test to gather the most perfect value I could do. Audio is interactive as well. Move the Ambisonic object to check the spatial experience and play around the complete range of pure frequencies to determine your headset capabilities.

I’m into developing the quest version (this next week will be at itch.io) and working on a Controller Tracking Test.

So… a bunch of tests like the last version but on steroids. As I love to say: no more subjective explanations about your VR experience. Measures and data are facts, and facts unlocks the real comparison.

Hope you like it! (and find it as helpful as me). Post your results in case you use it.

Regards from ROV.

12 Likes

Thanks a lot for the tool @knob2001. Instant buy! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! Feel free to give feedback :slight_smile: I’m working in the next update, so the door is still open to add/fix/remove stuff.

3 Likes

Awesome Stuff! Have fixed up your title. Will buy soon. Your efforts as always very impressive. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

Shame on me and my “english”.

With a gamepad or keyboard will work?
I have no controllers yet, I expect them from Pimax soon, I hope.
I have only one base station Vive.

I hope there is an opportunity to use it with a gamepad, in that case I would immediately buy this wonderful program for tests and measurements :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If it can be used as a tool to calibrate the Pimax for best visual experience and least eyestrain (adjust IPD etc) then I would get it

3 Likes

I don’t know; I think everything is done with the controllers, but he’s still modifying the tool, ask @knob2001.

2 Likes

@knob2001, Is the gamepad or keyboard control implemented in your wonderful program? :roll_eyes:

Many of us now lack controllers, but really want to use this application. Only this holds back from buying :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi, Century.

I’m afraid the controller is needed for a lot of tests. There’s no way to test the new tracking test without them… but, if you like, I can send you a key to try it for free. :wink:

3 Likes