Tech Talk #22 : Pimax Crystal

Have you ever considered a career in politics?

I don’t see anyone blindly defending pimax here. Pimax have a lot of improvement to do, basically everyone admits that. Just because someone doesn’t agree with every point you make doesn’t make you a “realist” and them a pimax defender. Like this entire discussion and back and forth right now came from your point that pimax won’t go mainstream, which they never were intending on, then you latch onto a simple phrase of “high volume” and then say the crystal is competing with the vive focus 3. Those points are ones I disagree with, that doesn’t make you a realist and me a defender. What you’re doing there is trying to shoot down any argument.

Points like pimax keep missing dates, over promise etc I completely agree with. If I was a pimax defender then I would be doing mental gymnastics to justify these things but I’m not. I think the Q3 statement was a self inflicted wound that was easily avoidable, I don’t tihnk it’s the end of the world but I really don’t understand why they do this to themselves. Then just weeks later we see the same again with the mid october date, at least that time they said “we anticipate” that date so a slight improvement lol but still the same issue.

But no, in your eyes it is all or nothing. Either someone completely agrees with your points or they are a “defender” and you are a “realist” and just cannot be wrong.

You literally said " the Pimax defenders v the realists". There’s no other way to read that as anything but ad hominem.

2 Likes

So you have nothing to say about Pimax or the Crystal? You just want to critique the person who critiques Pimax? You are like the heckler at the back of the room shouting insults while the people at the front want to move things forwards for the better.

Any suggestions for Pimax?

Mate. There you go with it again, acting like you can do no wrong and trying to deflect. Have you been reading anything I’ve written?

By your own admission

How about you don’t throw stones in a glass house then and act like the victim when somebody responds in turn instead of just being a punching bag?

2 Likes

So no @Omniwhatever you don’t have any suggestions for Pimax you just criticise everyone.

You proved my point. A back room heckler.

laughing-crying

2 Likes

I guess you haven’t been reading anything I’ve posted. That explains quite a bit. I wish I could bottle and sell the kind of unwarranted self-confidence you have.

@Atmos, you are not just a clown, you are the entire circus. I’m done.

1 Like

Hi,
I need more popcorn while waiting for the Crystal release! :joy:

5 Likes

Ouch i saw the price for the pimax chrystal on my dealer site as a preorder… its €1.899,00 :flushed: :flushed:

I don’t get preordering in general, it’s like paying for a long wait. And in that case nearly 2000 euro ! for maybe a very long wait :upside_down_face:

If I can ever go pick up a pimax headset from a physical store and take it home with a proper warranty I’ll be interested - until then, I’ll stick with the one I have.

2 Likes

I would be even more concerned about the fact that we have no clue if the Crystal is a great device or a sh!t-show, as no independent reviews exist so far. Hence why a pre-order is not an option for me. Pimax is not the kind of company where I‘d shout „take my money“ just based on their marketing talk, not even if it was a mere 600€ device…

1 Like

I would expect it to actually be more tbh. Quest Pro in US is 1499, in europe it’s 1799. I’d be surprised if the Crystal is the same price in euro as usd.

Hey leave me out of it please. I don’t even have time to read your super large comments, some of your comments are like complete essays. Not sure how you guys find the time to write all that stuff. I haven’t liked much comments neither lately, not sure why you’re pulling me into this. Like said, this whole discussion is completely pointless in my opinion and going nowhere. I just pass by here once a day to see if there’s an update. Which of course never comes but hey, one day we’ll have some news of the demos starting. But a release for christmas looks less likely every day now. We’re almost in november so when are those demoes starting ??

4 Likes

Imagine pimax actually inspecting their products… This company is a joke.

I was just making a dumb joke, thought it came across as clearly lighthearted but apologies if it seemed like I was dragging you into something. Was meant to do kind of the opposite and, like you said, show how silly it all is.

I will never joke again though. You have my word.

To answer the last part. Kevin on discord said that dates are booked, venues locked in etc, for US demo dates in November. I wouldn’t bank on it until they literally happen but that seems to be the latest news in terms of demoes of the units, so hopefully we’ll have actual 3rd party opinions of a reality series headset next month, finally. I anticipate to expect it to perhaps maybe happen.

1 Like

Wait, I said I would never joke again. I SWEAR IT WON’T HAPPEN AGAIN!

These won’t help us unfortunately if the participants are asked to sign NDA’s again, like it apparently happened for the post-CES demo from which we never heard anything of substance.

I am not very hopeful given the silence since the message on the new time schedule only broke on the last day of their originally announced shipping window. Seems they are again in submarine mode communication-wise.

3 Likes

These are road shows, open to the public. Perhaps @PimaxUSA could confirm?

1 Like

So who got the chrystal in the mystery box??? lol :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

They may not be allowed to say.

This is conjecture, but if Pimax did ship a Crystal from the mystery box, I think they would be treating whoever won it as a sort of “honorary reviewer” and sending them one of the review samples at the same time they’re sending review samples to other (real) reviewers… along with signing an NDA with a review embargo.

Surely Pimax will not want the first “review” information about the Crystal to come from some random customer posting who knows what on a forum somewhere.