StarVR One is available now for enterprise customers!

Ho well, good by pimax being the top VR hmd.

13 Likes

And we still not receive the 8kx.
Even Not Send OUT.

2 Likes

Damm i want one,i think i cancel my 8kx order!

3 Likes

Problem is the resolution I think.

5 Likes

Yes the.res is extremely low for it’s claimed FoV. However this will add pressure for pimax to get the X released.

6 Likes

yes,but people who tried it where extremly impressed with the star vr one…
It will blow the pimax 8k x away,i am for sure…
And at last rgb oled…

2 Likes

Well, the resolution is not really impressive, even with AMOLED and RGB subpixel arrangement, and the weight/comfort was actually quite horrendous if I recall the reviews correctly - nice picture quality but nothing you’d want to have on your head for any extended period.

Well, given its price no need to make up my mind anyhow…

[Edit: scratch the comfort remark, I confused it with the XTal brick there…]

5 Likes

Don’t be too sure. Rgb oled yes is good but there were a few reviews commenting on the image quality being low. Which makes perfect sense given the low Vive pro similar res over it’s claimed FoV

What’s the res? Web says 16m pixel, wouldn’t that be two 4k screens?

Ok. That means Pimax likely cannot win the FoV game, so putting more eggs into PPD (and e.g. something close to the “normal” FoV, - something possible without any distortions) would still fill a currently untouched playing field - imho the best headset they could possibly make in short to mid term.
But it’s true: The longer they wait the more spots will be filled, others aren’t sleeping.

Have to check but 16m pixels doesn’t equal 4k/ eye.

It was something like 1800x1600/eye as I recall.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be 5,76m? It’s a little inconsistent, 16m would indeed be 2xUHD - but Voodoo said 1830x1460@90 Hz.

1 Like

x1800 high. Little better than Cosmos but no doubt the colors and black will make a difference

2 Likes

If I recall they might have said 16m sub pixels. It was pointed out before as being coy avoiding simple understood details.

6 Likes

sub-pixels :laughing:

So devide it by 3 !!

1 Like

Oh yes I read it wrong. 16m “sub” pixels.

My bad I see it now.

1 Like

O my god… i dream to play skyrim with that field off view… and deep blacks and colors and 90hz
I want a star vr one now!

5 Likes

What’s the bet Pimax have a new XR model in development? XR super perhaps :rofl:

2 Likes