Start shipping 8K Plus

When? Can we get update? @Konger @SweViver @Matthew.Xu. Pimax said that they trying to improve communication, but since 3d December there is no information from official Pimax.

3 Likes

I will have a meeting tomorrow and will let you know, unless Konger can answer your question already now.

10 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/december-2019-updates/24154?u=heliosurge

Thank you @Heliosurge but this status is almost 1 month old.

1 Like

Only just over 2 weeks. As far as I know things are on track. But it might be good to know if all regions are starting to ship at that point or is it by batches.

2 Likes

But do agree an update to confirm things still on track would be good.

8 Likes

It’s 3 weeks already. Maybe @Matthew.Xu can give us update status.

4 Likes

@SweViver How was your meeting? Can you give us status update?

4 Likes

Have some patience man. It is 8 A.M in Florida.

3 Likes

I think sweviver is in Sweden though.

3 Likes

I thought that meeting with Pimax China. And in China now 21:00

2 Likes

He doesn’t arrive here in FL until Friday. Our teams do indeed have multiple meetings each day. A mountain of things to do leading up to CES so most of us will make less appearances. This is the largest booth most people in this team have ever operated or prepared for.

7 Likes

Maybe you @PimaxUSA can give us shipping status update of 8K Plus?

3 Likes

We have some production volume on the 8K+ but not production volumes on the MAS. Intention is to ship them together. Typical western holidays not a thing in China for the most part so they are running full speed on finalizing everything.

Production or very near production samples for all products for show at CES except for the Sword Series and Wireless module. Latest Swords will also make an appearance and people will be able to test them but still needs work. The rest (sans wireless module) are mostly production or final pre-production stages.

16 Likes

As was stated on 3rd December update - MAS will be ready late January 2020 and will be shipped separately. Now, as I understand from your statement, shipment of 8K Plus delayed to late January? @SweViver @PimaxUSA

6 Likes

You mean standard MAS, not deluxe, right?

2 Likes

That’s how I understood it. Pitty there’s so little communication regarding the 8k+. Most updates posted on the forums seem to be regarding the 8kx. At this point I’m ready to cancel my preorder for the 8k+ if there’s anymore delays.

Yes me too. If I’m not getting tracking number until CES I’m going to cancel my order. But you know what funny, when I asked them in shop chat if 8K Plus in stock the answer was YES. And in shop you can’t see anywhere that this is preorder.

1 Like

The problem is it’s not easy to get your money back. When they see word “refund” they stop to communicate with you. I think the only way to get your money back is through escalation of PayPal case. I think that’s the reason that upgrade program don’t have PayPal option.

3 Likes

Yes, start chargeback process, then pimax will reach out to you themselves. Never cancel it, let pimax accept the chargeback and call it a day.

1 Like