Star Wars Tie Fighter & X-Wing Alliance VR mod!

True as you could start a new topic where the first post links to the previous topic.

Sometimes good to even make the first post have a summary of useful info.

In this case likely posting links to the other Star Wars VR mods.

1 Like

The performance update hasnā€™t actually been released yet, so itā€™s not included if you go download the mod today.
According to this article: TFTC: Huge Performance Update News! - TIE Fighter: Total Conversion (TFTC) mod for Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance - Mod DB we will have to wait a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Yeah the only way to get your hands on it is to join the discord and search.

I found it. :+1:

For all the good it will do me. Its not compatible with VR yet.

1 Like

This will be a monumental boost, especially in VR. Look at that performance jump from such a dated rig. Running it on high res HMDs might not feel like such a pipe dream now. I held off playing it since performance was too bad and mapping controls was kind of finnicky. But Iā€™m definitely excited to try this out as Iā€™ve got a HOTAS setup with enough buttons for everything now.

2 Likes

VR support has arrived. Not finished yet but still.

https://forums.xwaupgrade.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13810

2 Likes

Also the latest GPU enabled mod (from their discord) is Legit. I tried it last night and the performance is spectacular! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Sweet. So is everything all working fine in VR then now? Howā€™s the performance on your rig and did you have to enable PP or anything?

2 Likes

So I had PP off and i didnt seem to have any issue. I had to disable smoothing because it was really choppy with it on.
Normal FOV.

Compared to my Q2 and OG vive the performance isnā€™t as good.

Its almost there but its still not really perfect to play in VR as the view from the gunner turret doesnā€™t work yet.

but its so promising.

4 Likes

I gave it a try yesterday once again with the latest ddraw.ddl download, and performance made a laaarge improvement compared to my former trials a couple of months ago.
I had PP turned on and normal FOV, too, and I had ā€œonlyā€ ā€œstableā€ 30-50 FPS - but it felt much much smoother than ever before. Finally no more judder any more, and even having nearby explosions or flying through them didnā€™t have any noticeable impact on FPS any more, so far.

So really a great job from the team, once again.

Nevertheless, even though 30 to 50 FPS are much much better than the former 15 to 30/max. 40 months ago, I fear stable 60 or 75 FPS still are far from being achievable.

2 Likes

Actually Iā€™m joined on their discord , Im going to try to see if I can start up a conversation regarding getting them to get it working with PP off.

Good to hear the new GPU support is working.

I had to stop playing a few months back because they hadnā€™t yet implemented support for the Gunner Turret.

But I hear that they have that working now.

I think its training mission 2 for XWing Alliance .

1 Like

PP can be turned off , no side effects

3 Likes

we need a battlefront 2016 vr mod,imagine those visuals in vr and space battles wonder if there is a g3d vorpx profile

1 Like
1 Like