STAR WARS: Squadrons Discussion

That’s awesome. I’ve been patiently waiting…
“When the stars align” I’ll buy the game.

1 Like

Well, this would be sweet to have this for this weekend !

1 Like

I’ve had a HOTAS for years but finally brought it out for the first time for Squadrons…It’s pretty intense learning all the controls…a bit more complicated than you’d think to be a good player, but that makes it great. You’ll have some good sales on the game to choose from coming up too.

2 Likes

Try Voice Attack with the SWS Galaxy Voice Pack from HCS Voicepacks - it helps free up your hands a little. Just speak and it makes changes for you. I use it to switch power from Shields, engines, weapons mostly, but learning more of it to get used to it.

4 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: HOTAS mounts for mounting on a chair

Moved the HOTAS mount discussion to it’s own topic… :wink:

A post was merged into an existing topic: HOTAS mounts for mounting on an office chair

So my VKBs arrived and holy cow am I impressed. Oh my lord!! The gimble is so smooth and accurate its ridiculous!

Its like some kind of magic. That photo I posted of my joystick collection earlier. Forget about all of those now…all trash. Except for the TWCS throttle that thing is GOD Tier button placement.

I v can’t get over how high quality these joysticks feel. Its insane.

My hands can reach every button without moving. I can reach all hats easily. And im happy I sprung for the premiums that feeling of that analog is so good. Will be amazing for Star Citizen, Sub Level Zero , Overload No man Sky etc.

Back to the joystick. Its so smooth i coukd cry. :joy:

I think its because it uses a fiberglass cam and gimbal.

Its a far cry from the single spring that all the joysticks you see in my pic above use

And there is no slop in the stick. Its like as I move it from left to right it has almost a hydraulic feeling as if its cushioned on air pressure or something.

And when I pull the stick all the way and let go it perfectly eases back to exact center position with no overage.
I filmed this. Lol I’m a youtuber now?

In VR you can really feel more immersed because it really feels like you are holding a high quality joystick instead of a springy toy.

I am so happy.

10 Likes

Woah. Looks like there is serious dampening in there as well, similar to what I set my MS-SWFFB2 stick to do, but far more extreme. Are these things ForceFeedBack sticks?

2 Likes

Nice, glad you’re happy! Pretty sure yours is even smoother than mine, and I love mine!

The thing I like the most, is that idea that if some component goes in the future (which will take a while seeing all the parts seem to be great quality), is that you can just open it up, replace the part, and not throw the whole thing away like TM or Logitech want you to do. Maybe a DIY fix can work, but had enough of that expensive waste ‘by design’ from those companies.

3 Likes

and this is only the Budget line.

In the meantime, i have a Cobra with the Budget Base , 2 Gunfighter Bases and 4 different grips. VKB can also be a expensive hobby :see_no_evil::joy:

My old VKB KG12 i have married with a old MS Sidewinder FFB for Warbird flight. Also a nice combination.

2 Likes

Oh believe me after being blown away with these, I was seriously considering returning them for the Gunfighter MK3. Then I saw it was 3x the price.

Only difference is metal cams and they are interchangeable.

1 Like

Anthony from VR365 would agree . :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No but im sure If a slapped a Dayton under it I could pretend it is.

Nevermind. Not that kind of force feedback. The kind of true force feedback that has no spring to it without power, because motors are used instead of springs.

All that damping (or maybe just friction) is really hard to create without something that closely resembles a motor.

1 Like

I know its the reason I just sat there playing with the stick for 20 minutes trying to figure out how the hell it’s so smooth.

There no motors it just goes back to center and kind of “eases back to 0” its definetly not linear.

Even without the spring its like theres something else going on in there . The silky smooth feel is still there…minus the recenter.

Whata even funkier is even the throttle and 2 dials on the front have a similar “to smooth to be true” thing going on

Heres a very good review on them. https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/ivlgvl/vkb_gladiator_nxt_review/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

3 Likes

Interesting. That photo is even more puzzling, since it pretty much rules out any of the electromechanical stuff I would expect to be necessary even to apply such resistance. There is something interesting going on here.

1 Like

Can anyone test this today with an 8K X and see how it works and what settings you changed with this update

VR

• Skyboxes now have increased resolution for high-rez VR headsets
  • Added an option for PC players to adjust their VR resolution scaling
    • Players using high resolution headsets (such as the Valve Index) should be able to enjoy higher frame rates without requiring the most powerful GPUs
  • Added an option for PC users to use forward rendering, potentially improving their VR performance
  • The game now uses less intensive forward shading when using the “Low” lighting quality setting in the graphics options, allowing VR to be used on mid-tier and even some lower-tier PCs
  • Fixed an issue where black bars would appear when transitioning out of a PvP match if the player died at the same time.
12 Likes

Finally! I can’t wait to check this out tonight!

I know me neither. This sounds REALLY good from the notes.