Star Citizen - VR Citizen Guide & Website 2021

Just giving some exposure to an excellent youtube channel regarding getting Star Citizen into our HMDS

VR Citizen. He recently put out an excellent video about getting VR to work in Star Citizen here

He also has a website in which you can get profiles for various HMD’s . Pimax is up there but nobody has contributed to it yet… hence this post

Web site is here. Looks like crap but, whatever… :rofl:

VRSE - Star Citizen VR Community (wellscargo.space)

Seems like Star Citizen is getting some anti cheat coming in 3.15.1 or 3.16, which is going to stop Vorpx from hooking. :frowning:

3 Likes

I wrote SC off long ago.

This game will never get released, and will not receive proper VR support in the near future.

What we see is the reason why Chris Roberts didn’t get investors. He was known industry-wide to be unreliable, with non-existent project management, lack of focus, and never completed his projects. Don’t hate that’s just the simple fact. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

SC is constantly updated, not everyone needs a game with a start, a story, some boss and one end-game.

Personally I love games in eternal development where you have fun trying new things. I bought Star Citizen to support the project, but since isn’t VR I knew I wouldn’t play it, but if I decided to play a flat game again, that would be the first.

I also own VorpX, but that’s not what I mean by playing in VR

3 Likes

I cant tell if you’re being sarcastic.

Absolutely not. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean no one else should.

I think that it has surprised a lot of people that it’s still going today! There may be no end in sight and it may be a marketing nightmare, but it’s still being developed, lol!
One of these days, I’m probably going to break down and buy the spinoff Squadron 42. I never bought it because I was one of the many who felt that we got screwed when they split Star Citizen into the 2 different games.
I’ve talked to a few people who have played both and, although they admit that more content will be nice, they’re still enjoying what’s out.

1 Like

This is the best video ever made explaining Star Citizen. He describes it as “Development as a Service”

1 Like

I wrote SC off long ago.

This game will never get released, and will not receive proper VR support in the near future.

What we see is the reason why Chris Roberts didn’t get investors. He was known industry-wide to be unreliable, with non-existent project management, lack of focus, and never completed his projects. Don’t hate that’s just the simple fact. :man_shrugging:t3:

Your loss mate, SC has plenty to do with constant updates and new playloops coming online at an increasing rate.

Still I’m sure you feel great about writing a post that had absolutely nothing to contribute to the thread.

I always find it super amusing when people feel the need to add “I’m not hating, its just a fact…” kinda like those who say “I’m not racist, I’m just saying that black people shouldn’t…”

Thanks for the video, OP, I’m glad that people are still trying to get VR to work in games where it was never intended… Always partial to some cool hacks!

4 Likes

Watch this video (sorry, in Italian), I find that mechanics, models and animations are wonderful, make Elite look like Mario64. That’s what I look in a game, not an interactive movie with a story and scripted elements where I do the same things everyone else does.

1 Like

I’ve yet to play a vorpx’d game for more than about 20 mins, think it was cyberpunk. Its cool seeing the game in vr but then the issues of not being native vr become apparent.

1 Like

Cyberpunk is not a good example of what Vorpx is capable of.

Try Bioshock or any game with Geometry 3d and Direct VR mode. It looks as good as native.

2 Likes

Isn’t Bioshock like 15 years old lol? Wouldn’t it look very dated now (i remember it was a good game at the time). Yeh maybe i’ll try it, ive heard fallout new vegas is good with vorpx too.

1 Like

Old but it still looks great. Plus being IN the world makes it look even better.

1 Like

And pretty scary too… :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Ohw you put words into my mouth and compared me to a racist…
would you be so kind to also hand me a wet tissue for the incredible burn you have caused me. And a dry one for my tears too. I’m so butt hurt about you criticising my opinion on my game now.

I’m out of ideas what to say to you.

Your gallantry commands respect, ad hominem has been an art of discussion since Cicero’s beautiful handwritings after all. Let’s not forget the nails too though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Game has taken too long and got too bloated. Can’t run it now without a major upgrade and that’s without VR. Gave up caring years ago.

I am currently enjoying SC more than ever, even if it still has a long, long way to go (tbh I’m enjoying it more than VR in general because there’s still not enough good VR gameplay out there for my liking. Too many cheap shallow arena blasts). I’ve lost interest in NMS because it’s only fun up to a point, then repetition sets in and ultimately the gameplay is very simple.

Totally given up on ED I accept that FDev have zero good design ideas, so there will never be any good gameplay coming, ever.

But that’s off topic. I want to get VorpX working with SC, especially now that 3.15 has a big performance boost, but I can’t get VorpX to hook in. I think it’s a problem with running PiTool as well.

Does anyone have it running correctly with a Pimax headset? I need help!

@drowhunter Chachi Sanchez is another good SC VR Youtuber https://www.youtube.com/c/ChachiSanchez

A quick old video here shows the game has 6DOF and seamless transitions between ships, ground vehicles and FPS, even though it’s not official. But it’s all there…! VR Citizen: FULL HEAD TRACKING WORKING!!! - YouTube

2 Likes

Oh my mistake, thought VR Citizen was a different channel :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ah of course, so the new EAC anti-cheat won’t allow VorpX for now.

I wonder if @LukeRoss would be interested in adding VR to this one :grin:.

one can dream.

It’s not really my genre, but in any case if the anti-cheat forbids dll injection there is no chance of modding. That’s why I only deal with single-player games/campaigns.

3 Likes