8K on the way - 0
5K+ on the way - 1817

8K built - 1171
5K+ built - 11
5K S built - 2
5K BE built - 36
5K+ BE built - 6

5 Likes

I think you right, strange is that Pimax online shop has only 8K, 5K+, 5K BE and 8K BE, but not 5K+ BE. If 5K+ BE difference from 5K+ is only more solid housing, why donā€™t they move all the 5K+ to this housing?

Perhaps thatā€™s because the 5k OLED is not yet selling to consumers.

1 Like

I am a little concerned that the built tab shows pretty much everyone apparently is getting an 8k from the looks of it. This is concerning because I switched to a 5k+ but the 8k column has a 1 in the 8K column next to my backer number.

Cannot imagine with the swap rate that can be correct info. In my case it definitely is not. I hope I do not get an 8k sent to me.

@anon74848233 can you comment on this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ag3Zszy8t2uuvrY7xX4tS_3-JzTZpz_-/view

Why is the built tab only listing 8kā€™s as the selected choice with only a few exceptions?

Just curious if it looks like the consumer version or one of the designs here made it?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-business-version-id/7177/155

Online shop pre-orders are for 5K BE OLEDā€™s. It looks like they are making 5K+ BE for only one KS backer who pledged for 6 of them.

1 Like

You are right.202020

From spreadsheet

Shipped
8k : 330
5k+ : 1171
Total 1,501

To Overseas warehouse
8k : 0
5k+ : 1817

Total received & shipping 3,318

Built
8k : 1,171
5k+ : 11
5k s : 2 (What is this, people who want old panel?)
5k BE : 36
5k+ BE : 6

To be confirmed

2 Likes

although my poroduct is ā€œbuiltā€ in the spreadsheet but i belive @Matthew.Xu that he has sent my product to warehouse in his emailā€¦ i belive

That ratio seems a bit off given what we know of the swap rateā€¦doesnā€™t it? Like I said, I swapped out for a 5k+ and it is showing my backer number as being sent an 8k. I cannot be the only one whoā€™s device being sent looks incorrect. Do we just assume the spreadsheet is wrong? If so, how much value does it have if incorrect?

@anon74848233 This really needs to be looked into. If you are sending out the wrong HMDā€™s it is just gonna cause you guys way more work and backer frustration to correct all those who get the wrong device sent to them. Smart business move would be to verify that info.

if i see this correctly, roughly 30-35% of all backers kept the 8k?

Maybe the spreadsheet is wrong. If so then that would be good news for the rest of 8K backers as it would mean some 8Ks are on their way.

1 Like

What does this mean? ā€˜We need to reconfirm before shipā€™
Will you get an answer by mail? Or does it mean a check-up before you board?

Iā€™m really curious as to why some 8kā€™s have been shipped before me. Despite my information being totally correct
Do they just not like my location I guess? Iā€™m in aus, should be easy as to ship from China

From spreadsheet I can count 5,790 backers, but on kickstarter show 5,946 (lost 156 backers). Maybe someone who not paid.

Ok we can all see anyone that backed the original 8k has been shunned disgraced and put back of the line ,so many surveys not enough brainwashing :joy: No pimax i will not change to 5k+ shame on youā€¦

my shit says built, 1500 units shipped mixed ,1800 units to warehouse 5k only ,1200 8k units built or building or still awaiting parts ???,1000 kickstarter backers who dont do forums still havnt got a clue??? ,

backer 1972 5x survey at this moment disappointed ,

pimax when we offer you something we make sure you come last and hay you cant say we told you so

I chose the 8k at start and now feel like the skinny kid on sports day (i was the skinny kid) not a happy place

3 Likes

I can understand setting up a production line for 5K+ and producing a surplus is a good idea for Pimax since setting up those production lines takes an effort.

What I am very disappointed with is the lack of communication where they inform people a switch to 5K+ would get you your headset before the 8Kā€™s are produced

1 Like

if they work properly.

Roughly 30-35% of the headsets for backers are 8k. I donā€™t think it shows how many backers kept their original choice or switched.