Spreadsheet Update 11th Mar 2019

Backer number? ##xx?

Stop production? They get parts from suppliers. If the suppliers couldnā€™t supply the parts for the 8K, thereā€™s nothing Pimax couldā€™ve done ā€˜night and dayā€™ to fix that. Their own people would then just be standing around and nobody would have their headsets at this point. Thatā€™s why they went ahead with the 5K+. Iā€™m sure there must be a YouTube video about how supply chains work. Maybe check one out.

2 Likes

Figures. So the US shipper STILL isnā€™t emailing tracking number ahead of time?

What the hell!. So my 5K+ could have been delivered today and stuck in a warehouse corner at my work. How am I to know?

Ditto! Scheduled delivery on 29th.

1 Like

I did not say just stop for no reason, read the post, i said as soon as the 4k panels arrived they should have switched to making the 8k.

I project manage for a living, donā€™t need to watch a video about it!

1 Like

Maybe they are just lying again at this point, and actually they donā€™t have any 8K panels.

They will keep saying ā€œwe will finish production this monthā€ until January 2020 and the final few 8K backers remaining will just give up and go for 5K+.

I hate to speculate that they are lying ā€¦ but with so many promises they broke, it is hard to believe everything they say.

6 Likes

@anon74848233 , @Matthew.Xu , Iā€™m backer 3096 and Iā€™m not on the list! I carefully looked through the entire list, did a search and Iā€™m not on it!

Iā€™ve requested to exchange my 8K for a 5K BEā€¦ and now, at least from the spreadsheet, Iā€™m getting zilch!

Iā€™ve put in 4 tickets, have emailed support 2 times and have emailed @Matthew.Xu 2 or 3 times trying to get this straightened out before Pimax goes on Holiday and have not received an update or reply to my tickets.

PLEASE HELP!

1 Like

You missed it. You ARE on the list (on the Building tab)ā€¦ @anon74848233, @Matthew.Xu

2 Likes

Shootā€¦ forgot about those darn tabs on the bottom.
Even soā€¦ itā€™s still wrongā€¦ Iā€™ve asked to switch from 8K to 5K BE, and even though Iā€™ve had no confirmation from support the exchange was approved by @Matthew.Xu on the 9th.

3 Likes

Mate I went through the same palaver,you have to receive support reply with the

URL https://pimaxvr.com/collections/price-difference

to pay the balance.

If you donā€™t receive that email ,the only thing is keep hammering support and various

staff members ,good luck :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What kind of work place would take in a delivery for an employee and whoever received(someone always has to receive deliveries) it not notify that employee? Maybe let someone know something is coming for you and notify you if it does. Just in case you are not aware.

and now you wait while all them that changed get there s, pimax now makes you wait so you may change to the cheap set ,cant you here them "take the cheap set give us profit "

even the boxs marked up as 8k the other day have disappeared /not sent / breed impatiens change/honestly we have no 8k,s/more lies

They only produced a handful of 8Ks since october and only communicate on panel shortage nowā€¦ we still donā€™t have any proof that 8k production resumed. There is no excuse for this miscommunication.

2 Likes

If they send them by container on a boat this is the time it would takeā€¦ aka the oversea labelā€¦

Whats the betting 8k no longer available 5k+ only untill upgrade needed then hay 8k,s back its been months now

1 Like

Quote: ā€œWhat kind of work place would take in a delivery for an employee and whoever received(someone always has to receive deliveries) it not notify that employee? Maybe let someone know something is coming for you and notify you if it does. Just in case you are not aware.ā€

Well, sometimes the receiver goes to lunch, goes on part delivery runs, or other errands, and a random employee walking by will sign for packages, and they get set to the side. If heā€™s a mechanic, or helper, he wonā€™t distribute the packages or even read the labels. Heā€™ll leave them where UPS drop them, for our receiver to find eventually. Maybe it get stuffed in a corner for a couple days?

Yes Iā€™ll get it eventually, but if I had tracking and knew the day, I could go ut to the shop. find out who signed and get my package intermediately. Life would be much easier with tracking!

2 Likes

I hear you man. Hopefully the tracking numbers start showing up prior to the packages for us all. :sunglasses:

There is no info on Unit: 5900 on the spreadsheet.

Can this be updated? It was upgraded to the ā€˜5k BEā€™ in December.

Edit: @anon74848233, @Matthew.Xu

Good idea to poke @anon74848233 or @Matthew.Xu in these kind of queries

1 Like

Youā€™re under the ā€œbuilt tabā€

Oops wrong sheet disregard this post

1 Like