Some controller Compatibility issues with Index controller (Some Info)

if the antenna is broken then we all will be able to rma it i assume?

2 Likes

We should be allowed to RMA regardless.

i believe next month my RMA runs out for me(when i got my headset), but i had tickets on this issue since november.

And the last one i made was 3 months ago, So it should NOT matter if your RMA runs out as it been taking soo much time for them to figure it out and they knew we’ve been waiting for the issue to be fix.

If it is indeed hardware, then yes.
we should be able to get a replacement headset.

1 Like

Truth anything imho that has to do with Lighthouse and Controller function for Backers and Pre Orders alike that went for a full package should qualify for an RMA if needed regarding this function.

Not that they honored others requests to wait until full package ready to receive headset. I would have opted to wait at least on 1 full set.

Way too long waiting on Controllers and Lighthouses to have a warranty expire due to non delivery of items.

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR @SweViver @mixedrealityTV

Can anyone give an official response on this? I had this problem with 2 different Pimax HMDs, Vive wands worked fine but Index controllers (left especially) loses tracking constantly as people are showing in the logs. And using one controller plugged into USB or connected to wireless dongle fixes it. It also gets better if you hold the controllers very close to the HMD.

The same controllers also work fine on a Vive or Index HMD.

Logs found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs\vrmonitor.txt
And shows: Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…

So there seems to be a bluetooth bandwidth issue. Now what?

3 Likes

We’ve all have been waiting for a response.
This has been going on for me since november, and i went through 4 RMA pair of controllers…

Even had another Pimax support ticket open almost 4 months ago on this issue/topic.
Made Steam RMA support know about it too. :confused:

1 Like

Quick question, is the issue you all are reporting here that one or both of the controllers teleport away to the center of the playspace and then back to your hand? Because that’s the sort of intermittent issue I see sometimes. I can play perfectly fine for even an hour sometimes, and then the controllers start acting up for 20-30 seconds or so. Waving them in front of the headset/up in the air seems to help snap them out of it.

Yes, it’s that issue. I solved it by flashing two Steam Controller dongles and pairing the Knuckles to them. It seems that there is not enough Bluetooth bandwidth on the Pimax headset for Knuckles.

1 Like

Great… I have a bad feeling that isn’t just going to be a firmware fix.

1 Like

Interesting. Since these dongles are gone, is there no way to just flash any regular Bluetooth dongle the same way?

Not sure if you can flash any Bluetooth dongle, but there are still dongles available from here https://www.virtualbuilds.com/product-page/usb-wireless-receiver-dongle .

1 Like

70 dollars shipping to EU… :frowning:

1 Like

No, the regular Bluetooth dongles won’t do - Valve ones use proprietary transmitters.

1 Like

Is this with the newer headsets too?

Because that seems like a game breaker to me, and I’m still undecided about buying myself a Pimax.

1 Like

This is something currently being evaluated. Maybe @Alex.liu can update the status. Some users don’t seem affected. But best to wait on an update on this.

3 Likes

Same issue. New HMD (8k+) and index controllers I regulary use with my valve index hmd. I know they work fine, using them for month without any issues.

I have only tested alyx so far. Left controller is doing strange things from time to time forcing the whole tracking to come to a full stop for a short moment. This really kills immersion. I really like the game on my index but I love the FOV on the Pimax but this kills it :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi there, just receveid the index valve controllers and two base station,s 2.0, i think i can join the problem
about 30 seconds when i,m starting in vr my controllers disapear somwhere else, i try to solve it but 48hours later no result, someone else the same isseu?

Yes, this whole thread has the same issue

Still no response from @Alex.liu who is in contact with Steam. Everybody having the same problem, please fill out the form of the first post of this thread:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/tracking-issues-april-2020/26759

2 Likes

Done, hope we get some feedback on this soon

lol, love your username

1 Like