Some controller Compatibility issues with Index controller (Some Info)

YES! THE HEADSET JITTER IS FIXED! I no longer feel like vomiting when I use my headset! However, the issue with the Index controllers is still very much there. They work great but they still randomly drop. It doesn’t make too many games unplayable, but it is very much immersion breaking. When that left index controller drops for one second in an Expert+ Beat Saber song, I’ve already failed the song before it comes back and its super frustrating. I play my VR set up in a variety of different locations and the problem persists, so I know it has nothing to do with anything else in the room.

@Heliosurge and @PimaxQuorra , have you been able to get anyone to look into why the index controllers have connection issues? It might be wise to get that sorted out before you guys start giving out index controllers to the people that buy them or trade their Pimax Sword orders for Index controllers.

3 Likes

@Alex.liu. have you had a chance to look into this?

Also recently it was stated to only use channels 1 to 4 on LH v2.0.

2 Likes

You might have the same problem as me and many others. Pimax might not be the problem.

I’ve done 2 RMAs and both being my left index controller. After some vibration from games it would become more and more unstable. It’s an IMU problem in the controller (no idea what that is but the steam support could see it).

Go in to “how to play” in beat saber and put both of your sabers against each other. Does the left controller twitch? maybe even the right as well? If they do and after a while start losing tracking then it’s not a Pimax problem. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You just said you’ve done two RMAs for your left controller though. Surely if you sent your controller back and got replacements and the problem persisted, its not the controllers that are the issue.

1 Like

This may be related to the production batch of the base station,I tested earlier versions of BS, they work well , but the valve tell us the more newer can`t work with Pimax when they are in channel 5-16 , i have not test .

1 Like

I’ve been with Steam support service for about a month, no luck. I too have tracking problem as described in this thread:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/index-controllers-tracking-issue-with-pimax-5k/25913

Yesterday, I’ve been to a friend house who has a OG HTC Vive and there was no tracking problem at all.

Pitool is blocking a lot of information for steam support service to be able to diagnose what the problem’s source could be. We’re narrowing down on the base station themselves or the Pitools software and services.

Doesn’t look good for the backers receiving their BS and index controllers soon…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I get. I really hope that they start prioritizing this issue now that they got the whole headset jitter thing sorted out for the most part. I’m still pretty convinced PiTool is the source of the issue.

Sorry but you’re wrong, in my case it is the controller. I’ve tried with og vive at my friend’s place on his computer, same problem there. Steam support said as well it was the controller :slight_smile:

I was really hoping to play HL Alyx with my 5k+ and Index controllers, I’m sad that it’s looking like I’ll have to use my OG Vive.

Please Pimax… get us a fix!

1 Like

But now you’re claim is conflicting with what steam support told Leonardo who has also been going through steam support. So what is actually right? You also said you had to send in your index controllers multiple times, which means the problem persisted after you got replacement index controllers.

I’m not trying to say anyone is wrong, I just want Pimax to just check this stuff out at least on their side. If the problem turns out to be the controllers, I’ll have them sent in. Its no big deal.

I had 2 left hand controllers from valve and both have the imu problem. There’s more threads on reddit with people who doesn’t have pimax and got similar problems. At least similar to mine. but as you say. But Pimax should check into this problem because there might be a memory leak problem in their software as some people assume, could be some other problem too.

1 Like

reiterate for Hailbot: I have gone through 2 sets of Index controllers, both had the same issue with my 5k+. The issue does not exist with my Vive.

Luck of the draw, I have had to repair My Vive wands twice, Not had a problem with the index controllers yet,touch wood. One big plus for index controllers is that they are made of aluminium and not plastic :+1:

4 Likes

Now when i’ve gotten my new left controller, the vibration issue is gone (or?). After playing some beat saber without my wifi on, no wireless headphones, keyboard or mouse. nothing. Yet after a half song the controllers start losing tracking. I quickly switched the USB port from a 2.0 to 3.0, the tracking was good again for about a half song. I then switched from 3.0 to 3.1 and it worked perfectly for around 4 songs till the tracking would get worse. coincidence maybe?

Then connected the controllers to my computer with USB cables and the tracking was perfect, I tried 2 songs, then I disconnected the controllers from the USB cables and the tracking was awful, I connected them back and it was great. I tried disconnecting 1 controller while the other one was connected and the tracking was still really good. Then i disconnected the other one so both were disconnected and the tracking was good for the rest of my testing (got bored for now so didn’t test much more, could have been just a coincidence).

(I’m using the 258 pitool btw)

4 Likes

Pitool 1.0.1.258 helped only marginally. My left controller still disconnects, but not quite as often.

Some progress! … Just not enough to make it usable.

2 Likes

At first I thought the same at first, but as I was playing today, the problem came back and was still there just as bad as it was before. I couldn’t even beat a single song in beatsaber it was so bad.

@Heliosurge This problem is still really bad. Any word on anyone looking into it yet?

Yeah I felt like this got better for a period but now its just as sh*t. Out of everything that Pimax has done this upsets me the most. My logs are filled with:

Fri Mar 27 2020 13:09:47.867 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:09:48.867 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:09:57.869 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:09:58.870 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:04.871 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:05.867 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:06.871 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:07.872 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:07.872 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:08.867 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:43.867 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:44.867 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:52.869 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:10:53.869 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(2)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:11:45.867 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:11:46.869 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:14:21.867 - [Status Warning Added LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…
Fri Mar 27 2020 13:14:22.867 - [Status Warning Removed LHR-XXX Controller(1)] Searching…

Every time a controller is removed or added its orientation resets to defaul and it freezes in midair for about half a second. Beat saber is unplayable.

I thought this was defective Lighthouse 1.0 units, so I bought some Lighthouse v2s. Same problem. Has been a problem for months. Incredibly frustrating.

I think it is something to do with a rubbish receiver in the headset and it cannot maintain a connection to the controller. I’ve covered reflective surfaces, unplugged every wireless dongle I have, don’t use wifi, still persists.

Hopefully this is due to an early production 5K+, and its fixed in the 8KX with its ‘all new electronics’

Pimax staff - who can I send exported logs to?

@Alex.liu

5 Likes

checked my log and it contains the same exact thing. i’m using LH 1.0 and Index Controllers. i preordered mine the day that preorders opened so they’re whatever original version shipped (i don’t know if they’ve made any minor fixes).

in case anyone else is looking and doesn’t know what log to look for, its: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs\vrmonitor.txt

3 Likes

I’m gonna look and see if my log is the same. I have just recently received index controllers, using original vive 1.0 LHs. Tracking is mostly good, but occasionally my left hand will just shoot to the floor and come back. Movement in half life alyx will just pause, where i need to double tap the analog stick to continue moving. It’s not bad enough to stop me from playing, but it’s pretty annoying when my vive wands NEVER lost tracking. My quest tracks better…

For reference, i have a powered usb hub, a PCI usb card, and I’ve tried the usb from the mobo. Upon switching it seems to fix it, but so far it always comes back…

2 Likes

i originally noticed this issue when i would play No Man’s Sky but at the time, it was only my left hand. i always thought it was because it was off screen but apparently that was a wrong assumption. i am wondering if it was because my right hand was always closer to the headset, the right hand dropped less or not at all. i know this probably doesn’t help at all but it popped into my head. i’m gonna try keeping my hands closer to the HMD next time i play (probably like in 2 hours) and see if it still drops.

2 Likes