[Solved]Yay, received my 5K+, but can't connect bases

No but for me my basestations wasnt tracking until i paired my vive wands for some reason.

3 Likes

that would really suck :frowning: but thanks for your input.

1 Like

It would be nice if someone from Pimax confirms that Wands are required to use Vive bases. I do not want to buy them for no reason.

3 Likes

I can tell you that I use my Vive base stations without the wands sometimes.

2 Likes

yes, honestly wand requirement makes no sense (no disrespect Toba), it is something else. Would be really nice to get official comment.

@anon74848233 @doman.chen

3 Likes

Yes i know which i found odd. Maybe it was a coincidence the basestations started to track when i paired the controllers. Usually a restart will solve my tracking problem

2 Likes

Hi are you by chance a backer?

Some have found tgey have had to adjust position &/or channel. If mem serves if v1.0 lighthouses there is a led that will say they can see each other.

1 Like

Nah heliosurge, i am that risk averse guy that is afraid of Kickstarter:)

Yes i do have 2 bases but to simplify diagnosis i am trying to connect just one and i am stuck. Please help me.

Are wands required for tracking to work?

1 Like

Unfortunately I have Neither Wands Or LHes. But from what I have observed. I do not believe you need wands/controllers. But there are other simmers that can answer better.

@yanfeng is a simmer & was in the m1 test phase. He might know answer & tips.

@Cdaked was part of a group sharing 1 8k & his group likely have valuable info as well.

1 Like

What is very interesting is that both pitool and steamvr know when/if bases are connected they just don’t track. I wonder if hmd cameras are DOA

I don’t know in that one speckifically. But for lighthouses to show in Pitool and steam the headset is seeing the Lasers projected. The Lighthouses themselves do not connect to the pc. (Save except for LH firmware updates through usb or Special Bluetooth LE)

Pimax does not have the bluetooth protocol for LHes as this is in the Vive Breakout box.

1 Like

Try with the cables that came with the basestations. What channel are both of them?

2 Likes

My understanding is same as yours, the fact that pitool know bases are here is a good sign, mystery is why bases"not tracking"

Right now I’m trying one. Channel A

My first attempt was two bases connected via sync cable in A+B mode, but it didn’t work and now trying to get at least one to work.

PS tried deleting lh config no dice

Try a different usb port. There were some backers that got it fixed by changing usb.

1 Like

Change USB of hmd right?

I’m running my 5K+ with one LH, no controllers and every time I switch it on it’s not tracking. To fix it I have to move the headset in every way for anything between a few to tens of seconds and it’ll start tracking eventually. Try it, hopeful it’ll work for you too. Just make sure it stays in LH’s sight afterwards, just couple of seconds may be enough for it to lose tracking again and it seems sometimes only reboot can help.

2 Likes

Yes give it a try and see if that helps. Also make sure the LH isnt close to the headset.

I think it is a bug.
Yes, the LH show up active after activating the controllers in Pitool but in steamvr they are shown active right away. That confused me as well, but everything worked. If it doesnt, delete the LH directory as suggested.

Thanks. Does Steam VR has to be running for LHs to track? Also, do I need to do room setup in both SVR and Pitool?

There’s definitely something strange going on - in SVR bases and headset show as tracking for a bit, when I try to do seated setup tracking drops.