[Solved]Yay, received my 5K+, but can't connect bases

Hi, very happy atm - got my 5k+ and already got baseless tracking working. However, no matter what I do I get:

I’ve 2 different bases, so I doubt base is faulty. What am I missing?

Also, do I have to do room setup in both pitool and SVR, or either is sufficient? Thanks!

1 Like

My base stations didnt connect until i paired my controllers

1 Like

Have you deleted the lighthouse files yet. I had to delete the lighthouse files in one of my Pimax folders. Just search here for deleting lighthouse files, it will pertain to the light houses not being tracked. Its helped many here, Good luck!

EDIT: Heres how to delete the files for Pitool before version .109. Delete all files in folder "C:\Users\ your username \AppData\Local\Pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse

3 Likes

I don’t have controllers, what can I do? Are controllers mandatory?

1 Like

Sometimes my light houses will get tracked with or without turning on my controllers, and like Toba said you have to wake them up by turning on the controllers, you might still have to delete that lighthouse file, I saved that file in another folder just in case I need it for later. Also on a side note you can use an Xbox controller to work with your Pimax until you get controllers!

1 Like

Hi, how do you delete the lighthouse files??
I have the same problem. :confused:

1 Like

If you are using two basestations, then you need to set the switches on the back (A/B/C):

• With sync cable - Set one to A and the other to B
  • Without cable - Set one to B and the other to C
4 Likes

for Pitool before version .109. Delete all files in folder "C:\Users\ your username \AppData\Local\Pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse

3 Likes

Thanks. for starters,l trying to use just one, but plan to use a+b plus cable.

1 Like

I think in the new pitool they changed the location of the lighthouses if im not mistaken.

1 Like

Yes correct they did

1 Like

I do not plan to buy controllers as my use is purely racing - thanks for xbox advice, trying to pair it with no luck so far though.

1 Like

Yeh because i have see the location you have shown a few times on these threads… but when i look there, they are not there…

Is there any way of searching for them maybe??

2 Likes

I beleive it was in the new long thread about the version .109. Its somewhere there :roll_eyes::beers::beer:

3 Likes

Were you able to pair xbox controller in pitool? If so, do you remember what did you press?

Should be in c\programdata\pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse

3 Likes

Unfortunately you cannot pair it with the headset in Pitool. Steam will recognise it. The wireless Xbox controller uses a dongle and the Xbox wired plugs right into to USB port on your PC. But being Xbox, its Microsoft so windows should recognise it. I have the wireless and I bought an aftermarket receiver/dongle

2 Likes

Is this what you are looking for?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/new-pimax-8k-not-tracking/9497/35?u=davebobman
https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-solve-disconnect-or-not-tracking-of-headset-base-station-controller-randomly-image-follow-head-although-not-use-base-station-pitool-91/11776?u=davebobman

1 Like
correct: c:\ProgramData\pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse\
1 Like

Guys, do I need steam vr to run for bases to track?

1 Like