[Solved, bad power adapter] 5k+ down after 3 -4 hrs of elite :(

Any ideas just a long shot, I’ve emailed for help to the same email that I got my tracking number from I hope that’s the right email :confused: anyway as in title Pimax 5k+ has stopped working after a few hrs of elite, no lights nothing just dead, like there’s no power to it. Any way I can check this 12v power adapter that came with it or is it a standard fitting so I can just buy another one ? Any suggestions would be appreciated I need my fix of ED :frowning: thanks

Need to test the polarity of power adapter before trying another one with the headset
the pin will probably be + , try the adapter on a different device

1 Like

Create a ticket here: http://feedback.pimaxvr.com

Even it is just the power adapter they should send You a new one.

Did You verify that the cable is tightly plugged into the headset?

There’s been a few cases already where they weren’t seated correctly.

3 Likes

I thought of that but their adapter is too small to plug into anything I have :confused: my wife just went out shopping so ive told her to bring me back a universal 12v adapter, you know with the multiple fittings on the end, hopefully one of them will fit and I can get it going again )

1 Like

Sometimes a voltmeter can test them but some adapters just shut off when no current flow is detected

I grew frustrated at my voltmeter as the battery has run out and the screws are tiny to undo the thing and can’t find my small electrical screwdriver lol aaaaaaaand the tester wont fit in the end of their adapter it’s too thin, I’d have to stick a pin in or something :confused: I’ll just buy a new adapter and try that I guess :wink:

but how was elite in the 5kplus?

3 Likes

Glorious my friend, really clear I love it…loved it :wink:

6 Likes

I didn’t think teh cable came away from the headset looks like it’s moulded ?

2 Likes

blacks okay?what did you have before the pimax?

2 Likes

Vive, blacks are fine tbh not a problem,

2 Likes

thats great too hear! i hope you got the pimax fixed soon…

2 Likes

Hey check the cable is properly plugged into the headset , beneath the plastic cowling
watch voodoode pimax video , I think he pulls the cowling off at some point

3 Likes

I have no idea how to get that off I didn’t even know it was removable to check it :confused:

2 Likes

If it is it’s changed since last batch… :wink:

The whole frame where the foam attaches can be taken off and is supposed to hold the cable in place.

Try to push it in (yeah, yeah… I know). It’s worth a try… :wink:

3 Likes

A new power adapter fixed it hahahahahahaha sweet :O) heads up the adapters are crap, I don’t think I’ve ever know one of these to fail, ever :wink:

11 Likes

Luckily, those universal ones are cheap (too)… :+1::wink:

3 Likes

thats good too hear,now some more impressions please…lol

2 Likes

You might add “Solved” to your title or first post to sum it up quickly. BTW, VERY happy for you that this fixed it. What a huge disappointment it would be to have it go down for who knows how long after waiting soooo long to get it!

3 Likes

Don’t be misleading. Blacks are not fine. They are ok and actually grayish

Hope you get your issue sorted

2 Likes