[Solved, bad power adapter] 5k+ down after 3 -4 hrs of elite :(

Blacks being fine is a very subjective term. For him they are fine even if not really black. He never said that it had true black, just that they were fine to him. Nothing misleading about that at all. Everyone should already know that they aren’t as good as Oled panel blacks but them being “fine” is truly up to everyone’s own personal viewpoint.

10 Likes

I think I can do it.

@Pimax-Support, you should be aware of this power adapter issue. & @anon74848233

2 Likes

Also think Sweviver show how toremove and attch the Cable on the headset in his Pimax for dummys guid.

1 Like

Everyone different. Im positive the colors wont even phase me.

3 Likes

Mine so gar is good. But often an adapter with more milliamps are better. Especially if lengthening the cable.

Good to hear that~~~~~

Black levels are subjective. Yes if you put lcd & oled next to each other oled is way better. But in reality 99.99% of people are staring at lcd monitors, TV and phones all day and are fine with it. I tested the 8k, 5k+ And 5k BE (oled pimax) at NYC backer meetup and was suprised at how good the blacks where compared to my Vive and 5k BE. I’m going to be totally fine with the 5k+

3 Likes

Sorry for the trouble and inconvenient
Please check your message.I have sent a message to you for solving this issue @fishfingers

2 Likes

Hi Dallas, thanks I have replied and pasted a link in my support ticket reply to the adapter I bought, the link seems a bit too long to click on though, only half of it is highlighted. If you copy and paste the full url is the way to see. It cost me £12.99.
many thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aren’t most phones oled

@fishfingers - out of interest, do you have a link to the adapter you bought, or the specs?

1 Like

Sure
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9829701
it get’s a bit warm even when the Pimax isn’t on so I unplug it when not in use, seems OK though and I’ve had a good few hrs using it now :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks - I see that PSU is rated at 1.2 Amp (1200mA) at 12V and the one that came with my 8K is 2A at 12V, so not surprising it might be getting a bit toasty, although output rating on wall warts is normally a bit off.

I might see if I can find a 2.5 or 3Amp version as a spare for mine.

4 Likes

can always swap the male end over just check that pin is + so many adapters will work ie vive

1 Like

Up until recent apple used mainly LCD, but the new expensive iphones are using OLED.

So LCD is still and will continue be used mainly for cheaper phones.

1 Like

If you find a decent one share the link :slight_smile: cheers

Glad you got it fixed… I get a knot in my gut every time a backer unit goes down or has to be returned… horror story to the end… at least you are good now, very happy for you.

3 Likes

Good spotting, I think this is important, for anyone who has his pimax PSU fail: get ATLEAST 2A replacement PSU and doublecheck the polarity. @Heliosurge maybe put this in wiki

2 Likes