So where is our DMAS? (Now Shipping)

not in mine, I got the two dmas speakers, 4 tiny screws and a pack of silica

When I got mine I accidentally found the little screwdriver in a tiny black envelope, I almost threw it away in the box. FYI the backer box comes with the same screwdriver.

yeah i didnt get it , and ive never ordered a backer box either

Unfortunately no. I had to find my backer box.

no screwdriver in mine either. Had to go buy a precision tool driver kit from amazon. I’ll just add that to my Pimax side expenses tab.

1 Like

My backer box had the screwdriver. It was inserted into the foam in a small circle indentation on the front right side. There is a duplicate circle indentation on the left side of the foam base in the box.

2 Likes

Its funny because mine was just in a non descript brown box with DAS individually placed in baggies.

I thought to myself. Wheres the screw driver?

2 Likes

Mine is brown but it does have Pimax and logo on it

2 Likes

There was no screwdriver, nor a black envelope or any instructions in my package, which was brown and had no logo. Luckily I already own numerous precision screwdrivers.

1 Like

The screwdriver is a ph000

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimaxvr-mas-guide/34369/2?u=heliosurge

1 Like

Guys, just an aside here- if you think Pimax customer service was bad… never deal with Banggood. I just spent 6 weeks being stalled, lead down the garden path and outright lied to. Avoid Banggood. Pimax CS is really pretty good now, and it’s world class in comparison to BangBAD. strong text

2 Likes

What does strong text mean? Is the language monitor mistaking the company name for harsh language? lol! I could use REALLY strong text if I wanted to about that firm!

2 Likes

strong text is what you get when you click the B (bold) button in the forum editor (when nothing is selected). Strong is another term for bold. You’re supposed to fill in the “placeholder” text in the middle, between the stars or select some text before clicking the B button.

1 Like

Ah! Thanks. Silly old Finn

:blush:

2 Likes

So just to confirm, I ordered the Ear cups. But they haven’t shipped yet. You’re saying that clipping them on improved the sound, do the cups touch your ear?

what part of the sound improves (hopefully bass) , as the mid’s and highs are actually pretty good.

1 Like

I finally had to open a ticket to get them moving on my DMAS. The CS rep left me with the impression that if I hadn’t opened a ticket, my DMAS would likely not have been shipped. Shouldn’t it be automatic? Maybe I misunderstood the email. I don’t think one should have to go through customer service to get an item already paid for delivered.
Ah well. Hopefully it’s on the way.

5 Likes

Hi,
I also have been waiting for a notification from Pimax about my DMAS. Today, after reading the above post, I also opened a ticket concerning the shipping status of my DMAS.
This should not be necessary. Pimax should have advised its customers about the status of their DMAS once shipping had begun.

2 Likes

I had to open a ticket to get my DMAS shipped (original KS backer, ordered in Dec 2019). Shipping to USA took 45 days (received last week). Must have been on the slow boat.

1 Like

About the same here to Canada, hell of a wait.

2 Likes

I got mine the other day, and I’m pretty darn happy with them. Lots of volume and great spacial separation. The DMAS has made IL2 even more immersive. No whine that I can hear and more than adequate bass response for my sim games. Tried it on some Kenny Burrell jazz too, and that was also better than expected.
I wonder if the chaps who have that whining sound(and seem to share other non sound related issues as well) might all have HMD’s from a particular and substandard run?
I’ve had none of the problems they describe, so that seems like a possible issue.

2 Likes