So where is our DMAS? (Now Shipping)

True, my wife swears she can’t sleep because the blinking powerlight on my usb stick.

Or the gentle hum of the laptop.

I’m like “That wakes you up over the sound of your snoring!?”

I now sleep on the couch.:upside_down_face:

9 Likes

just say the phrase

“you are just like your mother”

bet gf/wife/partner can hear anywhere in the house even if whispering :joy:

3 Likes

Welcome to this club :

3 Likes

The ham & cheese question will be - is it a considerable upgrade from the KDMAS many/most of the backers have ?

And when you are referring that is is just ever so slightly missing the Index benchmark - the smae audio system is on the G2 which I have too (sold the Index a while ago though): the entire headset & controller set can be purchased for 600 Euros. So I have difficulties defending the price tag of the DMAS (coming at one quarter of the G2 entire system price) if it isn’t even clearly superior to the G2/Index one.

It might just be the case that if you already have invested heavily into the Pimax 8KX setup, you may be willing to purchase a clearly overpriced DMAS if it is substantially better than the KDMAS: so - is it ?

I guess the 8KX still might have a bright future ahead of it when the new GPUs release (provided they are available at official pricing) and thus it may make sense to me to bite the bullet - but I am not overwhelmed by the reactions so far… and at the same time there seems to be some movement in the backgorund, in terms of new headsets potentially releasing in the coming 12 months, which may make the 8KX look old very soon (save for the FoV, we all know that is not going to be matched by any consumer headset in the coming 2-4 years).

Varjo just announced that they are going to release something new, who knows, perhaps it is a sub-1,000$ headset with all the cool gimmicks from the VR-3 ? (No, it won’t be, forget it).

2 Likes

For me its better than the G2 because the problem I had with the G2 is that they didn’t slide down far enough to be centered over my ear. The Pimax ones slide down quite a bit more.

Yes I definitely thing they are priced very high. This is the Pimax tax we have to pay. This headset in hindsight has cost me as much as a Varjo - VR3

now it turns out I might need the fibre optic cable because i need more length , goodbye to another $200 dollars

1 Like

So I am now playing about with EQ’s to tune the audio balance. A few short points after 2 days of use:

The rod fixtures that are used to adjust height offset have about 10 degrees of rotation (Y axis from user perspective when worn), thats LOOSE roation. They flop about a bit with head movements and this is audible. I am going to use a shim of rubber to stop that (kinda sucks honestly).

With the optic cable or without, if you have a bit of noise on your data signal you will hear it. A few crackles now and then… not the fault of the drivers. I don’t know how to solve this, I bought the optic cable hoping this would not be a problem.

At > 80% volume you do get an audible hiss on the drivers. Pimax should set limiters for this on the firmware at a future date enabled via select option in Pitool for audio configuration.

With minor experience so far it is a massive improvement over the SMAS, its not going to win any awards compared to my Audeze LCD headphones but its not meant for a wide sound stage that one might expect for music listening. I think Pimax should tweak their audio processing in a future firmware.

5 Likes

Can’t count the cost of the pc since you woupd still need to spend that to run rhe VR3. :laughing:

I was exaggerating a bit on the price but,

that is including the cost of having to buy a Vive and Index Controllers off of ebay and deluxe audio strap and other residual costs.

:money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Ran race last night and really liked having off ear dmas after using ear buds all this time.

2 Likes

If you only hear it now and then, I would guess it is probably bandwidth/latency problem and the optic cable should not make the difference.

1 Like

It’s just noise on the audio signal, same thing as when people see “sparkles” in the display. It becomes more prominent when audio levels are low.

2 Likes

My DMAS finally has a tracking #. Sounds like I am to expect a lack of bass and a potential impedence whine that can hopefully be rectified with a restart.

What are people’s thoughts on things like the woojer strap/vest to compensate for a lack of lower frequencies? Audio software like voicemeeter banana or similar could also divert to a sub somewhere like a buttkicker but I am less of a fan of something static.

I had the same high pitch whine issue with my tester. Tried 5 different splitter cables off Amazon and couldn’t fix it. Really ruins the immersion during quieter games. Would have really liked to have found solution to this.

Also agree with @Soarin about the floppy poles. Wish they were tighter and would stay in place.

2 Likes

I wonder if something like this might work/help

2 Likes

Remember those residual Pimax Expenses I mentioned earlier?

$90 no thanks thats as much as the headphones

2 Likes

You could likely use the extra power usb spliter cable and use a wall usb power plug maybe. Have to look more into it.

By part of the description might be able to create a custom solution

Well I just recieved a notification that my VR Ears are in my city. Cant wait to compare the two.

Also to see how their Pimax Clips fit/work

expect pics

5 Likes

So, what about these “floppy poles”, @PimaxUSA ?

I will not accept loose parts. Will you look into this, please?

3 Likes

In theory mine might be here on the 15th according to :canada: post.

1 Like

No news on my side for an order made on 31/10/2019.
User profile updated (2x times with no change).
Support tells :" If have news,we will keep you updated."
I just can’t stand the way new orders are proceed before pre-orders … :face_vomiting:

2 Likes