So where is our DMAS? (Now Shipping)

So it is the MAS with DMAS module pre installed or integrated as in you can’t remove and install on your 8kX?

If the new experimental model has an improved headstrap it might have improved diatance to ear position.

I recall Skarred Ghost had some issues on index bmr due to positioning which he remedied with printing a 5° angle adapter.

As said though if you could share your settings tweaks it may improve others initial impressions and others for when it arrives.

:beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Fedex clowns updated my delivery date to oct 1st this morning, then at the last hour decided they couldn’t make it and set my delivery date back to monday. I had it held at Fedex and I plan to pick it up myself tomorrow hopefully.

At $172 :canada: If Pimax won’t refund if I dont like them I wonder if someone on Craigslist would buy them from me.

Edit: Didn’t happen Fedex held it but I can’t pick up until monday. I may as well have had them delivered.

2 Likes

This is actually what I found when I was using the G2. Remember those amazon speakers I used for the MAS ?

These had much better base than the G2.

Not that the G2 headphones were bad, its just a more neutral sound signature.

1 Like

If you currently have a SMAS, there is basically no way a DMAS could disappoint. I mean really, I could walk down the road into a dollar shop and pickup a $2 set and it would be an upgrade. :rofl:

5 Likes

Then simply it might just be a limitation of open ear bmr.

1 Like

Bingo… That’s how it works… :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah bass response is always going to be better with closed ear headphones. No way around that. The thing that the Index speakers excelled at for me was providing a wide sound stage. The bass was okay but definitely wasn’t one of its strong points. The sound stage and comfort of not having phones touching my ear made it my favorite in spite of the bass not being as good as what I get from the Vive DAS. I still miss them.

5 Likes

Yes everything is pros vs cons and I think alot of people are expecting the index speakers to defy physics.

The main draw for the Index speakers is that you get believable sound that seems like its coming from around you in your environment. And without the headphones touching your ear you begin to believe it.

Of course if you have screaming kids around or Airplanes flying overhead constantly this will ruin your immersion

8 Likes

Well , what do we have here?

Stay tuned…

13 Likes

Gogogogogoogogo :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

How do you like them? …

2 Likes

I would like to know how to build the speakers out.

I would like to put in better speakers.

is there a picture of how to get the speakers out?

1 Like

So who has the DMAS now can tell me how the mic bleed is with the sound,i think its very important

1 Like

Mine are on FedEx truck now to be delivered today. :+1:

2 Likes

I ll install when I’m finished with work in like 7 hrs from now😖

4 Likes

Here’s a short video review of the DMAS and DCS that I happened upon this morning.

A balanced look at the pros and cons it seems. I personally really dislike having to put on earphones in VR, or having them touching my ears. I’m looking forward to when mine arrive in the mail.

6 Likes

i have just made a tricket as i have not herred anyting… and no ordres are listed on my store page :frowning:

hope it get’s sorted out…

2 Likes

I am wondering if we will get the metal hinges mentioned in the video.

2 Likes

Ok, that dmas sounded better through his microphone than the smas :joy::joy:

Take a closer look at the hinge, the back part that is connected to the metal rod is flat, making it sturdy “the part that really sucks about the SMAS plastic hinges”

I sure do whish they send along a set of those, to all of us how paid for the DMAS. If not i’ll be pissed

3 Likes