So where are all the 8kX reviews? (1d left for upgrade-program)

Yes, it does. However, the MAS is not yet available. My understanding is that the first 8KX headsets will be shipped without it. The MAS will be delivered separately. Later 8KX and 8K+ headsets will ship with it included.

1 Like

And the confort kit its the same?

1 Like

The comfort kit comes standard on vision headsets. There are a few whom have received the 8k+ already with Comfort kit.

For quick reference check Spotlight Review Sub Category

1 Like

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Kloperius,

Happy to hear that mate!
Wish you enjoy our product!

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

So here we are again… :see_no_evil:
Update program is over the last announced deadline (end of jan) and there are still no retail 8Kx units available/allowed for review? @PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA @Konger

@SweViver Kindly correct me if your through the lens shots or the recent benchmarking video is the full final version we will get…

The CES streams were nice and good “indicators” what we can expect. But still, checking the price again 1.000 + shipping + ~20% tax to EU - i really have a hard time clicking that order button without seeing a final unit :pleading_face:

Also my 2nd question remains unanswered:

-Is there any refund option to send it back (even on own costs) if the headset doesnt keep up to its promises (shop only states a 30-Day Price Match Guarantee)?

btw. does the 30 days price match count from pre-order click or at actual delivery time?

7 Likes

You guys talking about preorders.

Backers don’t even have a single unit shipped.

Actually asked about the upgrade program today. Answer was “no news is good news, continue extended”

So don’t worry about the upgrade plan. :blush:

6 Likes

This thread is exactly about 8Kx Backer Upgrade program
(just called it preorder since there are no retail units yet)

Thx for letting us know, still hoping to see a retail unit soon™

4 Likes

Still waiting in those youtube 8kx reviews. Hopefully we see some this month.

What exactly do you expect in a review? What more information do you need?

The Pimax Vision 8kX is basically a Pimax 8k+ with new displays, a new face cushion, a new strap, and new speakers. Nearly every kind of technical analysis and through-the-lens imaging of the display improvements has been done and reported about, with very positive results. The face cushion and strap have been well praised, but is a moot point anyway, because they are interchangeable with everything supported by the previous headsets. The speakers have not been directly compared against the DAS, but there is every reason to expect they are good enough, not to mention the whole thing is completely compatible with any other headphones…

Oh, and I can attest to the build quality being much more solid, though I do not currently plan on playing much PavlovVR and such with the 8kX…

These headsets have survived a very unusually rough time at CES and the roadshow.

2 Likes

I bet you will see nothing this month…

I don’t “NEED” anything in the review. I already ordered an 8KX. That being said, alternate viewpoints and independent and professional reviews from people outside of the pimax sphere of influence is important and is something that needs to happen.

To further respond to your point, there is more to a product than its specifications. A review is not simply there to display specs and stats but also to reflect the overall user experience and reliability of the manufacturing. Furthermore having multiple independent reviewers look over the product = redundancy, you wouldn’t want reviewers tied to toyota to be the ONLY ones to review the new toyota corolla for example.

3 Likes

Independent reviews, I get. You are right, there is a need for more of that, but the few Pimax Vision 8kX units available are not final products, so there needs to be room for minor improvements.

User experience though is basically going to be about the same as previous headsets, since the form factor is the same to the point of being compatible with all previous straps, foam, accessories, etc.

The impressions @SweViver has been gathering at the roadshows are legit - I can testify there was no pressure on the attendees to not just say anything they wanted. FWIW, I now know just how much better the new displays are, and will continue publishing more of my findings.

8 Likes

As stated by SweViver there are no reviews on the 8kX - only impressions. :smirk:

6 Likes

Final unit.

This should also include stable Pitool release. We had long streak of betas and alphas so far which can change the behavior from one version to next. I’m surprised reviews are allowed with Beta Pitool version if they are not allowed with beta units.

3 Likes