So where are all the 8kX reviews? (1d left for upgrade-program)

As Trevor said last update extended to Jan 31 might be extended further after ces.

5 Likes

There is still something where I fail to see any logic.
Some backers were offered to get a coupon for their faulty HMD instead of simply rma-ing their discontinued product.
That seems to be very appealing but rumors say that those coupons can not be used with any of the upgrade plans.
So getting a coupon + using it for a non-backer-none-upgradeplan means that someone will receive the stretchgoals „in vain“ eg. ending up with two MAS for one HMD. Any news on that?

1 Like

They made got offers imho to me, but sure also have to make money, so It’s natural there is a discount limit.
Someone hast to pay the bills and people won’t work for nothing …

It‘s not about the discount limit. They could adjust that accordingly.
It‘s just about the stretch goals like MAS make no sense anymore + them actually trying to minimize stretch goals, which would just have been a handy opportunity.

1 Like

hi, the upgrade programs will be extended ? i opted to receive the $100 and pre order 2x confort kits because i couldnt pay in december but if the upgrade will be extended i would like to cancel. and try to upgrade o pimax 8kx with the controlllers and bases. could you help?

other thing i dont know what option i have to choose. i was a backer that opted to change from 8k to 5k+ and want to upgrade to 8kx and mantain the controllers and bases.

thanks
@PimaxQuorra

1 Like

Upgrade program extension currently listed til end of January 31. New details said to come after ces.

3 Likes

Added Quora for the updating stuff

1 Like

nice, i just hope that they cancel the pre order and coupoun to make the upgrade. its C the option that i have to choose if i wanted to keep the bases and controllers?

1 Like

You have a pre order? & coupons?

Not sure on the plans as choose not to use the backer trade offs. But i believe there also in one of the ks Updates and posted on the forum with the adjustments. Can also I believe review on the backer portal link.

1 Like

yes i did a pre order of 2 confort with the coupon. i sent a ticket to pimax suport if i can cancel the pre order and delete the coupoun, because i didnt know that the upgrade plan would be extended.

2 Likes

Okay cool. If needed post ticket with at pimaxquorra or in a pm.

2 Likes

When’s Chinese New Year? Will this interfere with the extension?

1 Like

This is a question that @PimaxQuorra could answer best. CNY from my calender is listed this year as Jan 25.

Team did say more details on extension after CES… So imagine this week should know more.

4 Likes

Hello Kloperius,

We will update you on the upgrade program extension date.

For your request on cancellation of per-order, should be working fine if you did submit the ticket to our CS team. Or do you mind to share us the ticket number, we will help to check whether they are processing your request for the mean time.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

i have the coupon and did a pre order to confort kits with that coupon. I want to cancel both, to be possible to do a upgrade. I receive an answer but i think they didnt understand all. Can i do the upgrade now and you cancel next the pre order ?

1 Like

Hello Kloperius,

Can you share us the submitted ticket number? As we will forward your request to the CS team, and assist you to cancel the order.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Hi. The ticket is #22321
Can i do the upgrade?
Thanks

1 Like

Hello Kloperius,

Our CS team will take care of your upgrade. They will assist you on the procedure.
Please kindly take note on this.
To respond to your ticket you need to login to your support account. Do not reply to email. There should be a link in email to view ticket.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

I receive the email . They will cancel the order and i did the upgrade. Thanks

4 Likes

Just one question. Pimax 8kx without deluxe audio comes with the new MAS Headstrap?