So what? 8KX Autumn Event review deadlines without all units even being with the owners?

Just got this “ad” in my mailbox and I need to say its another Pimax “uups, I did it again” let down by launching an event and putting up prizes for 8KX owners without having even fulfilled all outstanding orders. For myself, I am still waiting on my upgrade and even 5 weeks after initiating a request as officially instructed per email from Pimax I have not even received a shipping/tracking conformation. Leave alone (K)DMAS is still in preproduction.

Guys, please, once and for all, get your marketing act together and put the marketing team on a tighter leash!
They are really continuing doing one big disservice to Pimax as a company putting off your customers and backers that have put considerable faith and money into your company by pretending you are there with a product when you still ain’t.

Please, postpone this unlucky event it until you at least can assure each and every backer and preordering customer has received the full package - and by that I mean (K)DMAS and all the rest. Otherwise don’t be surprised if “eligible” owners “sharing their thoughts” are not the one you want to hear and “adminstrators” start to list and censor threads again. Despite - or rather excatly because of - these desperate measures some employees trying to mum inconvenient facts being spoken out in public, these facts WILL make their way into the wild on other topic realated channels - and already have done so with quite some bad impact on the reputation of Pimax being a contender to consider.
I have backed the 8K and upgraded tom(KX becouse I believe in the product and company - pleae don’t disappoint me and hving to share my very personal and true “experience”.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s another typical Pimax shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly.

My 8KX was not posted when promised, multiple support tickets and PMs were ignored, eventually posted after yet another weeks Chinese holiday, sat for 8 days doing the Shanghai shuffle, is now 3 days hanging around Japan and my scheduled delivery is now “pending”.

So when I saw the email in my inbox, I thought you’d rather not have me there constantly yelling f**k you Pimax. :smiley:

1 Like

What I think is bad (ok that is probably because I dont have one ok but I am not the only one in this case) is the X getting all the love.
And everyone else, that dont have an X, we just dont care.
No event for you, you are too poor to buy a X then too bad for you, oh you have one of our previous headsets? Well, everything that matter is the X now.

2 Likes

Well, basically we need to accept, that the 5K and 8K of the KS campaign effectively never made it into selling products whith the introduction of the 5K+ along the way. Not thinking the 5K+ really inherited the 8k personally, but, fair enough. Even more so they now provide the KDMAS for the 8K backers I won’t complain. I actually WOULD have backed the 8KX from the start if it wasn’t for the predictable delay and I was anxious to get my first VR headset.

Anyway, we now have the 5K+, Artisan, 8K+ and 8KX as active products and with the 8KX pushing the envelope, it is just natural they are focussing their marketing on this product.

So far, so good, but it is a plain stupid and rushed decision trying to roll the marketing drum hard when those early adopters they expressively expect to be their evangelists on the event will/can/have to critisize company and product for not having delivered completely to their promises.

Which is why I suggest to postpone until everyone on upgrade and preorder has received their 8KX - including D MAS.

2 Likes

Since the 8k “vs” 5k+ drama it is just splitting the community.

Yes they are but Pimax just never put them in the front on the scene just waiting for the X.
Artisan went 3 times out of stock, why? because this is a very intersting headset for its price, but did you see it promoted somewhere here?..nop
The 8k+? Since the begining we had “have to supersampling it more because of the upscaler”…lol how to kill a product in one sentence…it was almost like “just dont buy, it you need a bigger GPU and will get a poor image quality” (this is wrong btw).
And now, yeah great event ! Oh btw only if you have an X.

Upscale mode on the 8KX is nowhere near as clear as native mode. Did You try the X or are You just trying to justify Your own purchase(s)…? :wink:

As far as I know, nobody’s saying either headsets (Artisan and 8K+) are bad. It’s just that the X is better (and more expensive).

4 Likes

Of course it is not or the X would be pointless.
But the + is released for almost a year now, which is pretty long for a tech product.

No I did not, I almost bought every Pimax headsets when they were available, I just did not for the X.
I am not justifiying anything but the fact that Pimax is once again forgetting actuals/old customers by organizing event only for X owners.

With Pimax doing absolutely zero communication about those hmd it is just the same.

2 Likes

OK. Got it… :+1::wink:

2 Likes

Not even this, which is my point - as many I actually AM an X owner and yet cannot participate since having not received it yet.

2 Likes

Yeah they had this problem with the last contest. @PimaxQuorra has already posted they are discussing fixing this by extending the Contest. Imho hopefully they Extend it to Nov 30 to give more time for folks to receive.

2 Likes

You mean they didn’t sell any of these headsets after the KS? :roll_eyes::person_facepalming: :joy:

If they didn’t make it to being sold to consumers it is quite likely the 8kX would have faded to the vapour. 5k+ has sold quite well.

This contest like the previous one is to drum up interest in the 8kX to help drive sales. Which is good and needed for a high priced enthusiast product.

1 Like

It has already been stated there talking about extending the event which is great as they didn’t do it on the last contest, when folks had the same complaint.

2 Likes

True however the Artisan has an easier sell then a $1300+ headset. So it is understandable they need to push the 8kX sales more. As you said the Artisan didn’t require the push as it sold out multiple times. The 8kX requires a fairly costly pc in comparison that only big spenders pay on pc parts. And many of these folks are still not usually grabbing a vr headset due to low res and such. If pimax gets there eggs sorted and customer experience sorted they have a potential gain in that elitist market.

4 Likes

Actually, Pimax is extending the deadline. Originally, the deadline was yesterday (Oct. 22nd). As one of the few people to make a submission by that date, I’m not particularly happy to see it extended. It’s yet another example of Pimax not following through with something they said. Obviously, they can’t make everyone happy.

3 Likes

True however they shouldn’t have announced the start of the Event with so few headsets shipped🤦.

Which of course falls in there hasty decisions to roll things out before it is ready. Both scenarios unfortunately create image problems of not planning carefully enough.

Hopefully they can learn from these reoccurring themes.

3 Likes

Yup, asking people how, why they use their headset just like if they had it for weeks or months when so many was still on the way is kind of rushed.

2 Likes

History repeats. Remember the 2080 ti contest. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles: Many were pissed they couldn’t compete as they hadn’t received there backed headsets while many pre orders had and of course many pre orders were also upset for similar reason of not receiving yet.

2 Likes

On the 11 of November it will be 1 year since I ordered the 8Kx and still no tracking or headset. When other companies make mistakes they try to rectify and make the customer happy by either compensation or other means. But Pimax is in a league of its own.

Well to be fair, the 8KX is Pimax’s flagship headset, and it’s the only consumer VR headset on the market that has native 4K resolution and a wide field of view. That is a pretty impressive technological advance that they want to showcase. Think about it. Wouldn’t you encourage people to buy your most popular, expensive headsets?

1 Like

All this chaos makes me wonder what the ‘marketing directors’ are doing. I have a great deal of respect for Martin but what’s he doing. He doesn’t seem to be involved in any of this - isn’t he supposed to be the marketing director for Europe?

1 Like