So what? 8KX Autumn Event review deadlines without all units even being with the owners?

Yes but everyone knows all previous headsets were DK prototypes.

Pretty sure its only been 6-7months.

I hope the contest goes long enough to allow me to get the G2 to compare with by then.

2 Likes

Its also the worlds first BFHMD.

1 Like

Did Oculus sold thousands of hmd because of the spec or because of the price?
In matter of business, better to sell more hmd cheaper than a few expensive. Did the Xtal or whatever other hmd above 1000 € became a top seller?
But of course, you are right, the most expensive headset but not sure about the most popular (hyped for sure, yes), 5k+ is since it the best seller of Pimax, and they will never sold as many 8kX as 5k+.
But my point was just that this “contest” could have been for every Pimax headsets since they all have wide FoV that make Pimax different of every others.

Forgive my ignorance, this explain that, then.

I got mine in February, about 9 months ago and if I find the release date it might be before this of course, annouced release date was 30th October 19 so I think it was something like January. I could check the serial but who cares…

What I mean is that the 8k and 5k+ do not and never will feel like the consumer product they were meant to be. Id you stuck with the 8k especially. The disowned that thing so fast. Silently snuffed it out the second the announced the 8k+.

All of the growing pains the 8k and 5k+ had before the vision we were all just helping to beta test their product. They tested their cheap plastics on us(I have a 5k+ with cracking plastic to prove it) before they realized that 'Rugged" isn’t a selling point.

Everything about our experience up until vision feels like a prototype compared to the Visions. You have to admit that.

Sure, close enough i guess. Either way.

2 Likes

I am not sure everyone is happy with this statement but yes.
Time will tell if they were right.

1 Like

Hello,

We are now discussing this issue and will reveal about the extend date by tomorrow.

Sincerely.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.