So today its the pimax chrystal launch(europe time),so i am curious what we can expect at our last day from the pimax 7th Anniversary Event

Aah got you now. But then there’s this:

So he denies the part of taking money upfront, not the pre-order part

Yeah, I’d like to get clarity on that. I wonder if it’s just that they are out of stock in the EU? That said, it is in stock on amazon so that might be their intention. Might just be cheaper and handier for them, also is better for the consumer as amazon aftermarket support etc is pretty good and gives more confidence. That said, different models have different availability.

For example 5K Super says: Only available in Australia, United Kingdom and United States

8K X DMAS says: Only available in United States, Asia and Middle East countries.

etc

They would be stocking their own warehouse and Amazon separately (as Amazon themselves fulfil pimax orders). So I think it just comes down to them reducing stock amounts in general for the incoming reality series. That said, at current pricing models there is definitely space for 5K S and 8K X still, but maybe there will be a cheaper option unveiled also that will replace those 2 models effectively.

Also, this passive aggressive message from the forum I just got made me laugh:

That might be reading a bit much into what wasn’t said. It was an active conversation and I think he was kinda done with it by that point. You might be right but I wouldn’t read that much into it. We’ll find out very soon anyway! I’m hoping just a normal release, it just goes on the store and we buy it.

That we agree on. Just put it in the store when ready and sell it. Would definitely be best. Just like NVIDIA does nowadays.

1 Like

Nvidia can get away with dramatic miscalculations on demand, we have to estimate demand via partner requests and previous items. The overproduction method isn’t an option.

The upcoming information release we will be posting does answer these questions and I think most people (not all) will be pleasantly surprised.

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! I’m waiting for the 12k, but the Crystal does look pretty darn good.

So no Crystal shipping in Q3 2022 then?

Well it seems you kind of answered them yourself already :slight_smile: So it does seem my understanding was correct and that you guys plan to open pre-orders, but without pre-payment. I think this indeed will make most happy. Well that is if you guys can ship out without too much delays of course.

Good luck!

1 Like

I would think if your trying to gauge demand you might want to show off the product a little first.

but I am willing to be surprised :smiley:

1 Like

Tomorrow is the final day of Q3 2022.

What are your final precictions? Did Pimax screw up again? Your final thoughts on tomorrows launch/not launch.

I’m guessing we’ll see some sort of ordering go live, even just to garner numbers for production and then units shipped in a month or so. No idea really though, not going to speculate too much just going to keep going back to the Pimax site every hour or so to check if that announcement is live yet lol.

Well it happened. Pimax misses there deadline again. Orders open in China first in October. Rest of the world in November. Shipping only starts in China in November! US and Europe not shipping till Christmas! Features missing. No units for review. Oh dear.

Can’t say I’m surprised. Don’t expect a fully functioning Crystal headset till Q1 2023 at the earliest.

Pimax always set themselves up to fail.

3 Likes

How can Pimax post this…?

Did they not get the memo?

1 Like

So delayed and feature incomplete? Got it.

I personally don’t see many roadshows in the upcoming COVID season.

But shipment in October/November should provide for some hands on customer reviews, so very much looking forward to that.

Definitely not a pre-order for me this time though.

4 Likes

Are things still being cancelled for covid? Not trying to be controversial, just over here it truly feels like a thing of the past.

Yeah, looking forward to hands on reviews. The delay is a bit disappointing but a few months is understandable. If they release the crystal this year then it’s still quite an achievement. I think the vast majority are getting it for the PCVR aspect, so standalone being delayed isn’t an issue for me.

We‘ll see in the upcoming weeks I guess, and with massive national and regional variance.

1 Like

So, @Sargon, how are we doing today?

Experience of past performance does seem to be beneficial for the estimation of future performance after all (he said with no joy).

3 Likes

Guys, Pimax is actually pretty timely in comparison the the G2 launch in Canada. That was so bad that I gave up on getting one.
But of course, only Pimax ever has any issues.
Sheez.

Pimax are notorious for making and breaking deadlines. It’s comical. It’s tragic. It’s sad. We don’t like calling Pimax out each time. It’s Pimax that makes themselves look to be incompetent. From the the Kickstarter through to CES 2022 with every excuse under the sun.

But…we were all willing to forgive and forget. Wipe the slate clean. Pimax were so confident in themselves. They once again announced a deadline to SHIP Crystal by the end of Q3 2022. If they were not going to hit that taget they should of said earlier.

In the new announcement today there was no sorry, there was no apology. Just a new target that pushes Crystal into Q4 (shipping to outside China) which is the 12k launch window.

So is the 12k pushed back into 2023 or are they now side by side launches?

It’s sad Pimax misled the community over and over like it just don’t matter.

3 Likes

indeed no answers on this one??

Dont forget the 12k was first their main new device…Chrystal was later anounced…
So next year maybe the pimax 12k?

I realy hope their come some more options from other vr companies in the mean time…

1 Like