So today its the pimax chrystal launch(europe time),so i am curious what we can expect at our last day from the pimax 7th Anniversary Event

Haha so Crystal is a paper launch only like we said it would be after all. There’s no Crystal unit ready for the mystery box.

It’s the same old Pinax, over promise, under deliver.

I think it’s a hard day at school for @Pimax_Josh
Never ever put dates/quarters or promise any release window in your videos. Never trust Pimax full stop.

They will, the announcement will happen here. You want an announcement of an announcement? Kevin was just casually chatting to people in the discord.

That’s the opposite of what Kevin seemed to be implying.

So it seems that - as pretty much every time while I have been following Pimax - something happened which caused Pimax’ planned schedule to not work out as announced. This is the experience some in the forum share which you did not yet have and which explains to a certain degree the good faith you put into their announcements and we did less so.

However, as you repeatedly point out to the rest of us, even in this very post, please base your own views on facts too - what did you base your views on that they were likely on schedule for the Q3 launch if the alleged lockdown had not affected them? Just because they didn’t inform us of any delays? Well, by now you should have learned that lesson, I bet.

Don’t get me wrong, I generally like your approach of sticking to facts, but it works both ways and in my perception it at times seemed to be slightly opportunistic the way you applied it to the Pimax schedule topic.

Hello,

This should be incorrect because we are delivering this gift to the winners and others.

Unfortunately, just the LED design was cancelled, not the entire delivery plan.

Thats a lame excuse. Just keep the LEDs in and leave the batteries out. Give the recipient the option to put their own batteries in. For a tech company it’s just a bad excuse.

It’s strange Pimax are complaining about our complaints rather than address the big picture with the Crystal launch.

Who was complaining about your complaints?

I’m confused now tbh.

Pimax announced they would launchtm the Crystal in Q3 2022, defining this launchtm as shipping the product.

You stated that there was a press release announced by @PimaxUSA on discord, and @Djonko, as an apparent member of said discord, summarized this information as

Is this summary incorrect?

Because if it isn’t, then there is no launchtm of the Crystal in Q3 22 as per the definition made by Pimax.

1 Like

EDIT: Reading through his messages again, I would say he didn’t make any statement either way on any of that. He just said that the customer support claim about “presell next month” was wrong. He didn’t say anything about pre-orders, he did say that the press release coming in the next few days will cover all of it though and that it’s done now and just needs to be signed off by Robin before going live.

Actually, I should be more clear. What he said was in response to an interaction someone had with customer support, where customer support said that Crystal will go on “presell” next month (October). Kevin came in saying that the rep would have no idea of the plans and was just kind of going off on their own. I’m sure some will want to use this to further attack pimax but if anyone has worked in low level support, you’ll know that customer service reps do often just make stuff up (Worked in support for a bit and seen it myself plenty of times, usually it’s that they had an opinion and wanted to just say something to make the customer happy and get positive feedback).

Anyway, “presell” is a language barrier thing. It doesn’t mean pre-order, from my understanding it means pre-payment as in just paying for the item that will then be shipped in a few days or a week or whatever.

If you just hop onto the discord and search “SK72” (Kevin’s discord handle) you can read through the messages yourself. Better than me copy pasting them out of contexting or giving my own interpretation or retorting someone else’s etc. Best to just read it yourself, fwiw (if you don’t have discord) you can launch it through your browser so you don’t need to install the application or anything.

1 Like

God what a shambles.

7 years of bad communication has lead to this thread and a botched launch.

Think I’ll bow out of this for a week.

2 Likes

Thanks for the summary.

In that case, there is still a possibility that this press release might contain the immediate availability of the Crystal, no matter how unlikely I personally consider this outcome.

Let’s wait and see.

1 Like

Yeah, seems like we’ll get answers either way so all should be known then. Looking forward to discussing it when it happens!

2 Likes

Seeing reviews of the Crystal by trusted youtubers would imho be more important than having them in stock here and now. Because I guess many will wait anyways until Quest Pro and 12k Qled are also available to decide which one to get (if any).

1 Like

He specifically said “Nobody has said there will be prepayment for anything dude” and also “No, that is pre-payment not pre-order”, correcting somebody’s interpretation, again indicating it would not be a payment, which makes sense since they already had said they wouldn’t be doing that.

I guess they merely want to gauge interest in the product, to see how many they need to produce.

So it seems pre-order (not pre-payment) will open soon. And then it will still need to be seen when they can start shipping the units out. But obviously that won’t be Q3 anymore.

You’re misreading, he was pretty clear that he wasn’t saying anything whatsoever about the method of the launch or if there would be any pre-payment system or whatever. That quote

was just clearing up what the term “presell” means as a language issue, he wasn’t stating that it was what was happening for the Crystal. He specifically clarified that later.

Here is the relevant messages, that came after the quote you mentioned:

(SK72 is Kevin)

That user then quotes that sentence as they thought it was referring to the crystal

He then posted a quick Crystal through the lens shot on from his phone camera:

Just adding that last bit in for fun lol.

Anyway, perhaps there will be a pre-order/pre-payment system or something but Kevin never said there would be and I doubt he would have bothered retorting the rep if there was. I think it will just be a normal product launch, you buy it and it gets shipped and you try to ignore that you really can’t afford it but went and bought it anyway. That last bit might be more specific to just myself though.

Apropos buying headsets - just looked at the current headset offerings from Pimax - do I see it right that the currently offered models are not sold to the EU anymore from the Pimax shop? Will that also be the case for Crystal and 12k QLED? What would be the suggested channel then? Amazon?

1 Like

Honestly I still don’t understand how you read it. This Murke guy says " can we expect there will be a pre-payment for the 12k as well rather than just being able to order it because I thought it will just be available to order at launch without any pre-payment happening? How long is the pre-payment period going to be? Seems like a pre-payment could be for months before release."

And then Kevin clearly says he said nothing like that. To me it all indicates that they won’t take cash upfront, like they’ve been saying before, which would be a good thing. I’d really hate to see them open up pre-orders, take cash and then delaying delivery because with Pimax, things ALWAYS take more time than planned and then the chaos would really start. To me it seems they want to avoid all that and won’t take any money up front. Only when they ship out they will charge. But again, I agree that he hasn’t confirmed this yet, but that’s what I read between the lines.

I am reading it as there isn’t going to be a pre-order system whatsoever, just buy it like normal when it’s available.