So today its the pimax chrystal launch(europe time),so i am curious what we can expect at our last day from the pimax 7th Anniversary Event

Yup, mine is (hopefully) getting delivered on thursday from amazon.de

I’m quite keen to give it a go as a possible wireless PCVR solution, particularily needed as long as my VR-3 doesn’t play nice with the 4090…

2 Likes

This will be my first Standalone so never player PCVR wireless before. I avoided the Quest like the plague lol. Going to be interesting comparing the Pico 4 to the Index.

2 Likes

I’m also can’t wait for my Pico 4 to be delivered. I’m also hoping the wireless Pcvr is good. And especially my wife is hoping, that it is good enough for me to rethink my decision to buy a 12K :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s an expensive time for VR enthusiasts thats for sure. Pico and Sony are really coming up with the goods. I wonder why HTC didn’t release details of their new headset before everyone ordered the Pico 4? Maybe it’s more aligned with the Crystal with 2880x2880 res with pancake lenses? We just need Valve or HP to surprise us now.

2 Likes

i wish we could trade in the pimax 8kx for the chrystal with a good discount…

2 Likes

I thought there was a trade in programme?

only for the pimax 12k…

But why not for the chrystal ???

Yeah that would make no sense.

2 Likes

Well they only said they “plan to anticipate” which means nothing. That’s like we look forward to thinking about. :grinning:

I was going to say they’re learning but they put the year as 2022. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It ships with both lenses

1 Like

What is that in 8kx terms?

42ppd@potato

35ppd@small?

What’s the 8kx ppd again?

Yep, it was a last minute decision by Pimax. Originally it was one set only and second set at extra cost.

I think overall the Crystal is a good package if quality and functionality are good.

1 Like

About twenty.

1 Like

where did you find that info?, even vr-compare.com seems to be missing this.

if its true 35 will be nearly double the fidelity, with an even wider FOV…wow.

“…Pimax 8KX offers PPD of about 20.3…”

Yeh having that clarity over a huge fov will be very cool :+1:

1 Like

Are you talking about the Crystal? Compared to the 8KX? Then the FoV is 170 degrees (sort of, 150 are usable) on the 8Kx to 120 degrees horizontally on the Crystal, so much less FoV. Something had to give…

what do you mean “usable”?

peripheral vision is as usable as it should be?