So pre-order customers are getting their 8K-X in August/September?

Our folks in logistics will sort that out and since they have shipped there before I think they can figure it out easily.

I imagine your shipment would originate from shanghai not anywhere within the usa but that is the logistics team’s decision to make.

2 Likes

Okay, great, I hope this issue gets resolved as soon as possible.
Yes, sending from China will be the best solution for Russia.
Now I see understanding, thank you :beer:

4 Likes

It looks like my shipment is coming from Shanghai, not California. I’m a bit disappointed, since that means it will take longer to arrive, but it appears to be in FedEx’s hands now…

Scheduled delivery: Pending
No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

5 Likes

The updates happen fast, so don’t worry too much. I’ve had 11 updates on the system in 2 days.

4 Likes

Yes, an interesting delivery situation turned out, especially with this Fedex.

In our country we have problems with this delivery service, 3 people wrote to me about it. They all receive a letter from Pimax with the requirement to indicate any company in our country to receive cargo from them through Fedex. But this is absolutely unacceptable for us.
And now we don’t know what to do and how to get our 8KXs.

Russian Post will be the ideal option for us. I hope they will resolve this issue soon.

(I no longer have the strength to wait for my 8KX :sweat_smile: I have not even received a letter from Pimax yet.)

@PimaxQuorra, do something already, you always help out in difficult situations :beer: :grinning::+1:

4 Likes

I get it

5 Likes

Great! How does ED look (and feel with 75FPS) compared to the 5k+ for you?

2 Likes

Like more than 5K +, I can not see screens, but I think the poor quality of game textures, resulting in many jagged (my friend use 1080ti, I have to wait until next week to test the 2080ti)

4 Likes

Offtopic/ I ordered the Quest too.

My FedEx shipping status has been Pending in Shanghai that past few days. Is that normal?

Ah sure. I think, even with the 8KX at good resolution, that there will always be some jagged lines because of the ED engine and lack of real anti-aliasing support. But anyway, straying off-topic

1 Like

Although my status is along the lines of: “In transit -> at local warehouse -> repeat”
My eye tracking was stuck in shanghai for 3 days, now my 8kx is 4 days or so. From what i hear it is that some more important cargo got prioritized for air freight so the item returned back to warehouse.

1 Like

I just noticed that sometime in the last few days the “details” section of my sales order has changed. I pre-ordered the 8KX with Valve controller and base station, and it used to show all that as a single item, with a single price and shipping fee.

Now the HMD and controller/base station are listed as separate items, with separate shipping charges. Does that mean they intend to post them separately?

Help. I have problems seeing my order after the pages seemingly updated. If I go to https://store.pimaxvr.com/ and log in, I don’t see any of my orders.

Previously, when I logged into the old page using the alternative login link I was able to see the order, but now the alternative link brings me to a Pimax page and the login screen is nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas?

3 Likes

I just tried it and I see my order. I suggest you submit a Support “ticket”.

3 Likes

I’m finding 75hz suprisingly good on the 8KX, and i’m a bit of a hz junky. I think the resolution and lack of SDE really helps do a lot of the work for immersion. I also suspect that the 8KX screens have better latency and/or black frame insertion than the 5K+. I honestly thought I would be torn between using 114hz mode and native. But now it’s here i’m happy with the 75hz.

13 Likes

That’s great to hear! I played Elite D on my 8K at 72 Hz for quite a while, but eventually bumped it up to 80 Hz and did find it to be a bit smoother. Still, I think 75 Hz at native 4K res will be a lot better than the upscaled mode (regardless of refresh rate).

4 Likes

I couldn’t go below 90hz on the 5k+, I got ghosting and it felt wrong. It feels a ton more stable to me on the 8KX.

8 Likes

you will probably get yours first actually.

I received a DM from Quorra stating that they will not be able to complete the entire shipment by the end of this month.

1 Like