So pre-order customers are getting their 8K-X in August/September?

I had a feeling that pre-order customers wouldn’t be getting their 8K-X anytime soon. That’s why I didn’t have high expectations for Pimax Now event. Can’t believe it’s going to take at least another month for pre-orders. Probably it’ll get delayed even further.

5 Likes

Pimax USA ​we already said all done in Sept for 8kX shipping

2 Likes

Yeah but they also said backers in July. So pre-orders won’t start shipping until at least August or Sept.

2 Likes

Yep bit disappointing given PimaxUSA stated that if someone ordered in late May / early june they’d get it in august. One bonus is at least any issues will be identified before pre-orders take delivery so can cancel if need be.

2 Likes

The disheartening bit is that an additional 500 units have been set aside to further bolster the upgrades as of today, which has the potential to push it back quite a bit more.

1 Like

dont worry so, the production will ramp up just like the 5k+ was. at the start it was really slow and 1-2 months later they made hundreds in a week

3 Likes

It would be very unusual for Pimax to be early on their projected date. It’s always later than the dates they give. But we’ll see I guess.

4 Likes

This time they have guaranteed a shipping date with cash back. So that’s something.

8 Likes

I’d just like to get my tracking no. as an 8KX backer thank you very much.

2 Likes

Unfortunately due to past history this will need to be seen. Even though I do believe this part will acheive the set deadline.

3 Likes

Pimax never means what they say!!! Per-order is just another word for kick starter backer without permission of the buyer. It is what it is.

2 Likes

The ramp for the X is quite high though. The effect is likely tiny.

9 Likes

So are Batches 2 and 3 being shipped on the 6th or is Batch 2 shipped earlier?

1 Like

Don’t forget to add a month for postage - I think some of the pre-orders will be looking at a clean year since handing over their cash!!

1 Like

As we are confident to finish around 600 units during July and all backers are set in July plus a big part of the upgrade-plan backers, Im sure pre-order shipments should start somewhere in August.

18 Likes

Pimax correcting issues identified in the headsets delivered to backers is the one silver lining I keep clinging to.

4 Likes

Still though, if there are 2000 preorders, you’re setting aside 25% of that fulfillment. It bothers me that, months after I gave you my hard-earned money and months after you said I’d already have my headset, people who just now decide to take advantage of a good deal take priority over me and us. I’d like some recompense. Feel free to contact me directly. If the ramp is as high as you’re suggesting, their late decision can come with a penalty that will be, as you suggest, quite insignificant.

7 Likes

This can just be argued both ways. Kickstarter backers being given first dibs on opportunities makes sense to me. If they are owed anything at this point, I think it could be argued they ‘bought’ into a part of Pimax future products.

3 Likes

Hmmm… an interesting argument. This seems like a reasonable position to take, that backers have bought into a part of the future products. I’m willing to accept that. But Pimax needs to make a policy statement where this is made clear. The folks who preoredered knew that they’d have to wait until all the backers’ orders that could be filled (SMAS) were filled, but they had no idea they’d be bumped further back by new upgrade plans. It seems Pimax’s problems with communication is rearing its ugly head yet again.

2 Likes

It seems to me that a discount would be enough without also moving them ahead of preorders.

2 Likes