So my 8k plus arrived today in 3 days from aliexpress,here are my impressions

well i only have an 1080ti but i always use smartsmoothing. If you lower the pitool for example to 0.75 you must crank up the steam vr to 200% or more, whatever combination you use with the 8k+ be sure the total res in steamvr video is around 3840 x 3220 with pp on

PP on,is only needed for games that need that?Why should i leave PP on?

sorry i mean res 3840 3220 when pp is turned on

1 Like

o okay…thx for the reply

1 Like

geen probleem ik hoop dat het helpt :wink:
ik ben zelf blij met de 8k+ maar kan m niet vergelijken met de index

3 Likes

Honestly, I’ve owned the Index for 7 months now and for the last couple weeks, the headset has been more uncomfortable than usual. It’s a bit front heavy and maybe it’s the way I’ve configured the strap. The comfort kit of the 8K X looks promising and I’m really looking forward to 4K resolution with such a big improvement in field of view.

4 Likes

My pimax 8kplus is going for sale for 950 euro exlusive shipping cost…(fast shipping)
The device is 1 day old…
i am going to wait on my 8kX and for now i keep playing with the valve index…

By the way i am from the netherlands,so you can calculate the shipping costs

2 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-exceed-the-maximum-resolution-of-4096px-imposed-by-steamvr/16067/22

1 Like

So after some more testing today i know now for sure i will keep my valve index till my 8kx arrives,the 8kplus is going to be sold for 900 euro exlusive shipping cost.

The colors on the index just pop more and the brightness is better.

The pimax 8kplus does have less screendoor,but i think the other parts are more important for me.

Also the 8kplus is worse if you look into a white sky there is some light haze(i dont know how you call that but it looks something like dirty lenses)I had this on the 5kplus too.

I cant see that on the valve index(maybe a very very very slight bit)
That maybe why the image looks sharper for me on the valve index

Is this the same on the pimax 8kx @SweViver?

Also, I cant get close enough to the lenses because my shape off my head i think.

i see way to much overlap from the lenses on the sides.(if you hold your pimax a little bit further from your face then you see what i see)Its unplayable for me this way…

Ipd settings dont help…

I wish it had the same lenses that you can move in and out like the index.

Maybe there will be in the future a comfort mas that let me come closer to the lenses?I realy hope so,otherwise i have this problem with the pimax 8kx too…(and no… cutting a piece off foam on such a expensive device is no option)

3 Likes

Okay i just sold my 8kplus,so i am going play again with my index…

3 Likes

Hmm I am disappointed that you prefer the index over the 8k plus. That doesn’t look good. Hoping the 8k x is better. Damn this road to vr is loooong

1 Like

Yea i also hope the 8kx is better,but i have a feeling that the things i mentioned above that it will be the same…

1 Like

When my 8K X arrives I will probably keep both that headset and my Index. I’ll use the 8K X when I want full immersion and the Index for 144Hz gameplay. But we’ll see.

3 Likes

I think me too,but at the moment the valve index gives a far more immersive experience because off my problems with i had with the 8kplus.

Also i am loosing faith again in pimax,they give me zero responses from the problems i described.
Alot more people will have these problems when they get the unit in their hands.(we need to get come closer to the lenses)Otherwise its unplayable for some people!

An adjustable comfort MAS is needed to come closer to the lenses…
@SweViver @PimaxQuorra

2 Likes

Hello John2910,

First, thank you for such reviews on our 8K Plus. We appreciate that sir.
Maybe the lens distance isn’t suitable for you. Sometimes it might cause little frustration when you can’t even get a clear image when putting the headset on.

For this, we will forward to our team, hoping they can make something else on this problem.

Somehow, we promise you, the 8KX will be whole new level for VR experience. Please kindly stay tune!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

Hello thx for your reply,

I realy hope they can make something so we can get closer to the lenses.
I had two family members who had the same problem.

They said how can you play like this!And then i toke the comfort kit off so they could get closer to the lenses… they all said thats more like it!

1 Like

what kind of problem do you find exactly keeping the lenses too distance? enters light? image distortion what?

Hello there,

you get a completly distorded image on the outer edge left and right on the lenses.When i removed the comfort kit to see how it looks when i get closer to the lenses,it was miles better.

2 Likes

From the very first announcement of the 8kx & 8k+, i knew this was going to be a problem.
Same lens with no in/out adjustment.
Many people including me had to mod the distance from the lens & from all the pics of peoples mods, they were at different distances
Different people have different face shapes & eye depths.
Were no lessons learned in the first year of the 5k & 8k?
Many people are going to need in/out adjustment on the comfort kit.

If I have to get Velcro out on a €1300 8kx to get it right for me, I will be really annoyed.

7 Likes

@PimaxQuorra and @PimaxUSA @SweViver you see more people are going to have this problem,it will not be a good advertise for pimax

2 Likes