So after a month using the 8k, the thing I hate the most is

Have you even read the thread? For example Heliosurge also has it, he said that “Just needs an Antifog coating. Use the Anti fog solution once in awhile does wonders. Since posting using it have not had it fog up in awhile.”

2 Likes

Any thoughts on the new pitool version with the 8k man?

1 Like

Yeah I posted something in that thread : https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitools-version-1-0-1-91-great-work/11374/146?u=skyrimer

1 Like

Thanks man. Sorry I missed it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry fellow Skyrimer I didn’t mean to single you out. I guess I used this thread hoping to make a more broader point and that would include any and all issues. I still myself feel that someone could have a similar issue with regards to fogging as you have now corrected me in that your issue is mostly fixed now with the Antifog, what I had considered also is that people who have small noses I think mine is medium sized but with out some nose flap like on the Vive you could potentially have someones own exhalation through the nose possibly result in fogging of the lenses.

1 Like

Strange. I have being using Pimax from summer till winter, and I have never experienced any fogging.

1 Like

Perhaps drier enviroment.

yeah I have a small nose, not particularly small though, still maybe people with that type of face suffers it the most i don’t know, but for me it’s a serious problem.

I haven’t tried any antifog yet since I’m really afraid how will it affect the lenses in the long term, that kind of liquids is designed for diver glasses and bike helmets that are extremely resistant to damage and pressure, but not for lenses that are incredibly delicate, so for now i’ll keep using the usb hand heater and hope that Pimax does something on this regard.

Call it what you will a nose curtain, nose flap, nose seal whatever not sure of the terminology but I think it could possibly help in some potential cases not sure if it would in yours. @anon74848233 The Vive has this and in some form or manner it should probably be integrated with the Pimax if there are any additional complaints of fogging. I hope like me Skyrimer your still enjoying the 8k for the most part and will get the cybershoes to go with soon as we discussed in our previous pm. Found some great settings to use recently not sure what gpu your using but feel free to pm if your interested or just want to share anything in regards to SkyrimVR with the 8k its amazing!

1 Like