So after a month using the 8k, the thing I hate the most is

Ski googles are plastic as are safety glasses. A long with Motorcycle helmet & snow mobile visors.

The stuff I bought is used on them.

2 Likes

Been sat here laughing at this for a few minutes now :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: my stomach hurts

1 Like

Warning safety glasses are made in poly-carbonate not acrylics not all plastic a equal vs chemical

Well this stuff is not the factory variety. Made for ski googles, Motorcycle Wind shields(often plexiglass, lexan or acrylic)

Need @anon74848233 to check & let us know material type. But Vive says Lens cleaner & mentions alcohol.

Oculus is kind of funny as it says only use microfiber cloth. But in their info also mentions using lens cleaner. Just not all of the time. Once in awhile.

This one claims to be OK for plastics. including acrylic and polycarbonate: https://www.rainx.com/product/plastic-water-repellent/rain-x-plastic-water-repellent

1 Like

Thanks for your advice.I have shared this advice to my colleague.And you can give us your question to http://feedback.pimaxvr.com/ as well.

2 Likes

Great to hear, I really hope you can do some sort of preheating and whatever solution you guys can think of.

1 Like

That would indeed be the more elegant solution. However, the heater would generally be sharing the same power source as the headset and IIRC it is already at the limits of its power consumption.

2 Likes

The 4k had heating elements on the shutter glass for auto demisting & defogging. Was not used on the 5k\8k project. Due to lines it added.

The Anti fogging spray has worked mint so far & if applied as directed will not harm the lens.

Oculus instructions even mentions using a cleaner once in awhile not to be confused with daily/regular use.

While true, we do not need the heater while playing. Just to pre-heat before use.

1 Like

Heard you can urinate on it has well

1 Like

Get lifelike swampy smells then too ideal for some games

1 Like

Exactly, we need some form of constant pre-heating while the headset is not being used just like other headsets do to avoid fogging, then shut it down when it’s working. I could understand that Gear VR didn’t have anything like this since it’s a smartphone case and costs 50-100 euro, but I was expecting more on a headset worth 800+ to be honest.

Hopefully they can make something on the HMD circuitry to heat the lenses, or some form of low power use for the screens so that they are heated before use.

If it cannot be done, I suggest @PimaxVR @Pimax-Support , @anon74848233 to create a module that attaches to the case and uses the USB port to heat the lenses in some way, I’m more interested in that at this point than any other module since why would I want hand tracking / smell module / etc when I can see a damn thing with the fogged lenses.

3 Likes

Just needs an Antifog coating. Use the Anti fog solution once in awhile does wonders. Since posting using it have not had it fog up in awhile.

After discussion we have added this requirement to our backers demand meeting.And we will talking seriously with designers .I will feedback for any progress we made.Thanks for your suggestion again~

And we still want more backers to say their demands for us to improve and change

8 Likes

Something to look into. Many high 3nd expensive ski goggles have an antifog coating on the visors.

2 Likes

Thank you for considering the forum users suggestions. But please know that because one person has a particular issue maybe not all of us have that issue. I have personally not experienced the fogging issue with my 8k. I would suggest that all suggestions be reviewed however to not alter the future design unless the issue has many or multiple reports. In regards to this particular issue i would *not say its user error inexperience or lack of knowledge, probably environmental related. This is an important issue don’t misunderstand all issues for future development needs to be discovered and this should be obvious. The Pimax developers have already done a great achievement truly amazing with success of the company we can all expect it to continue!

4 Likes