So, about that 4090?

I’m running a factory OC’d 3080Ti. I keep running out of VRAM however (causing momentary stutters). Definitely want a 4090.

1 Like

Lol at nvidia shafting me! Yep, it’s too expensive. But i want that 50% fps increase!

About fire hazard, i think it’s overstated and YT clickbait and people jumping on the nvidia hate bandwagon because of the pricing.

This “fire risk” afaik is about how many times you can unplug/plug the psu to gpu power connectors in safely. They say it’s 30 times. This was something we’ve seen before but there was no fuss then - the old white molex connectors had the same safety limit. I won’t be plugging in more than 30 times, i will do it once.

This fire risk, is a Current distribution problem, because of asymetrical power split.
Im sorry that i am no native speaker but i am a radio engineer :wink:
Please do not take this to lightly.
Electronics do not work like, you press a switch and the light goes on.

will you corsair 1200hx work with a suprime x 4090, with those 4x8 pin power connectors, yes.
Is this a good risk free solution ?
No.

I think it is good, that you inform you self, i also do that.For my self i also do that.Plastic conncectors are always a problem after a Time, the same goes with “modular” psus.
I know that the trend is like that, but they all have a higher risk of shortcutting or cold soldering places,than a good clean soldering solution.

that aside i descidet to get the 4090 suprim, because my computer still runs on a 2080 (the rest is DDR 5 and new stuff) and the difference between the mony from the 4080 to the 4090 is not that big.

I think it is still a bad thing to label a 4070 to 4080 for agressive pricing and i hope for amd to get a little more lucky to sell more unity, because of the green greed.
Yeah stuff is more expensive now , we all deal with it and we all get problems.
But there is no reason to pay 1000 dollars for a 4070.(which is called 2080).

I agree with this. It’s all over a leaked email from the standardization body that was misunderstood and taken out of context. It makes great clickbait. And it’s lowering my opinion of the YouTubers that are going on about it.

Here’s a good video about the issue discussing it with someone who is actually qualified to have an opinion. (Spoiler: He’s not concerned)

1 Like

So Steve from Gamerz Nexus or JayZTwoCents aren’t qualified to have an opinion :face_with_hand_over_mouth:?

Hmm. I take your point. That was a hyperbolic way to put it on my part, and I retract it.

But what I mean is that Steve and Jay are not engineers. And this is an engineering matter which has been pulled into the public light and misunderstood. The person being interviewed in the video is an engineer. And I think we should be listening primarily to what actual engineers in the field have to say about this matter.

3 Likes

Kinda jonsing for that one, but as much as I would like to drop a 4090 in ASAP I’ll wait until we have confirmation that the vast majority of 4090 cards actually function with the vast majority of Pimax HMDs.

As soon as some peeps with deeper pockets than mine can jump into the 4090s I know many of us want to hear the results. Maybe I’ll finally be able to run FO4VR at something better than 60fps in Small FOV :joy:

the suprim is the best in design :slight_smile:

i’ll be the guinea pig :smiley: i’m buying a 4090 on the 12th and have an 8KX on the way. will test the combo.

1 Like

Awesome Tykey is back (with Pimax)! Hope you’re getting the DMAS!? I ordered the DMAS hoping to see the 120hz. Please test for me as mine had to RMA only because the volume button was busted :frowning: I want 120hz MSFS (running actual 60fps with Motion smoothing) - That’s the DREAM

Ah i haven’t bought a brand new 8KX i bought a 3 month old 1 on ebay i don’t think it’ll do 120hz (it’s the 2075 serial number). Hope your RMA is soon sorted!

Aww dang. nonetheless you WONT be sorry (this time)…we may have to wait along time for 12K however.

yeh i’m expecting a long wait…but i’ll enjoy myself with th 8KX in the meantime. i did consider an aero again but i’ve found i missed extra fov more than extra clarity :slight_smile: and there was me all along thinkin clarity mattered most to me. the 12K should be awesome.

Well the 8kx with a 4090 will knock the socks of even an aero due to supersamlling imo. We shall see

quite possibly yeh! i’ve been using a quest 2 these last few months and i found the clarity downgrade between that and an aero did not bother me at all, in fact it wasn’t all that noticeable as i can supersample games with the quest 2. hopefully i can do the same with the 8KX with a 4090, like u say.

i do miss the fov of the 8KX. if the crystal would’ve been shipping in Q3 i would’ve bought that but alas it wasn’t. but it’s all good, i think me aiming for a 12K will make me happier overall, i wouldn’t buy the crystal and a 12K, it was 1 or the other.

I actually love the Zotac One kidney, please! - NVIDIA RTX 4090 - YouTube

Benchmark everything and depot back. :slightly_smiling_face:

Start your current card benchmarks now for comparison.

See if you can include
Cyberpunk 2077 via Vorpx and Luke Ross if possible
Mfsf2020
Project cars 2 or 3
The forest VR

Nevermind HL Alyx as that game is so optimized it can run on a potato :potato:

Cyberpunk vorpx no problem, Cyberpunk LR maybe (i’m not sure the version i have of his mod works with my version of Cyberpunk, haven’t played in a while).
MSFS deffo.
I don’t have PC2/3 but I do have Automobilista 2 which is the same engine, will test.
I don’t have the Forest.

Just hope the 4090 FE’s don’t all sell out. I believe they are going live at 2pm UK time on the 12th, I’ll be ready :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i got a few things to measure on my customers end,…at the time, i also hope to get a time window to order a custom card…

@drowhunter; I installed some Zotac cards in the edu sector; they were very, very poorly made, even compared to the Powercolor cards, which were themselves poorly built compared to the Sapphire cards and basically every other decent brand I’ve worked with. Not saying it’s definitely a low-quality product, just saying to look it over with a critical eye if you get one!